Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Where to learn hunting? >

Where to learn hunting?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Where to learn hunting?

Old 01-06-2017, 10:01 AM
Spike

Default Where to learn hunting?

Are there any hunting classes I can take in the Ohio area?
Old 01-06-2017, 11:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

Are you trying to find a place to teach you to hunt or to take the mandatory hunter education course you will need to buy a license? If you are looking for the hunter education course you can contact the Ohio wildlife agency and ask them when and where you can take one or you can look on their home page. If you are looking for a school to teach you to hunt I have never heard of such a thing. If you want to learn to hunt try to find an experienced hunter to take you under their wing and mentor you. Joining a sportsmans club is a good lace to find experienced hunters if you don't know any.
Old 01-08-2017, 06:27 AM
Spike

What oldtimr said. I found my free hunters ed class at a on target gun range in crystal lake . They offered it there free i guess it's funded by the state. If ur looking to learn to hunt good luck tryin to find someone to take u under their wing unless u find someone personal u know lol. I've been trying for the past 2 years and i decided to just go out there and figure it out. Good luck!
Old 03-29-2017, 04:59 AM
Spike

I would think that this website should be a good resource??? Isn't that what it is intended for? Anyone that needs help or advice, shoot me a PM, I'll be glad to help you as best I can. Been hunting most types of game for over 30 years.
Old 03-29-2017, 08:20 AM
Super Moderator

Some state Fish and Game departments offer advanced hunting classes that are designed for people who already have taken their hunter Safety class and have a hunting license. I don't know of any formal hunting classes (like at a college or something) as OT mentioned. There are lots of books, magazines and online articles that will cover many of the basics and some useful tactics for hunting. You could also search this website for different topics that provide a lot of tactics, methods and other useful information. Is there a specific animal or type of hunting you're trying to learn more about?