Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
what is ohio dnr thinking ? >

what is ohio dnr thinking ?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

what is ohio dnr thinking ?

Old 03-07-2016, 10:35 PM
Super Moderator

The majority of Ohio hunters that I know are unhappy with this midweek late season. I hunted it, enjoyed it, and saw some deer on state land. It definitely limits who can hunt, most people are not off those days.

I think the MAIN reason people are upset is how they've played with that extended season over the last several years. If I remember correctly it was initially the middle of December, then it was moved to Oct, then cancelled, then moved to between Christmas and New Years. I supposed they're trying to find a time for it that works. I liked it best when it was a weekend in the middle of December.

I've come to realize that having a career really gets in the way of my hunting.....
Old 03-08-2016, 11:33 AM
Typical Buck

yes the orginal extended gun season was the weekend b 4 christmas & 1 season i remember the 2 day extened kill was aprox 25,000 ( twenty-five thousand ) deer. look i'm not complaining but when nobodys out it seems to me the deer are not moving except for early moring & late evening's. i'll hunt every chance i get. & yes there were alot of upset hunters there showing dismay about the mid week hunt. the odnr even admitted they may change the 2 days will will see on 3/17/16 when the wild life council meets
Old 03-18-2016, 05:01 AM
Typical Buck

HOORAY the wildlife council listened to the peoples complaint about the late season & will probably move to the 17 & 18 of december & move the muzzleloader season to 1st weekend in janauary 7 thru the 10 recieved a e mail from the wildlife council & said it pays to beef about dates. enough hunters told them about there dismay for weds & thurs day hunt date & they have proposed those 2 new dates for late season & state wide muzzy season. for those who kinda poke fun at this thread. pays to visit & show your displeasure about dates council reported that they had only 2 people show they recommended weds & thursday to well over 200 people recommended a saturday & sunday late hunt dates. finally odnr is listeneing to the hunters.
Old 03-18-2016, 05:12 AM
Banned

congrats! an that's all I got ta say bout that.