Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
the ---- is getting deep in ohio  odnr >

the ---- is getting deep in ohio odnr

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

the ---- is getting deep in ohio odnr

Old 02-10-2016, 03:14 AM
Typical Buck

Default the ---- is getting deep in ohio odnr

ohio dnr came out yesterday that the total kill was 188 535 harvested deer how in the ...Deleted by CalHunter... could you possibly kill 12,550 more deer than the previous season when they reduced alot of southern counties from 4 to 2 deer & license sells were 20% down also this year plus gun & extended gun season & muzzleloading season were so bad with the weather plus gun & muzzleloading seasons were down aprox 15%. i think odnr is actually believing there own ...Deleted by CalHunter... lies. myself harvested 2 deer this yr & worked hard for them & seen a total of aprox 25 deer when my average seen per yr is well over 100. odnr is destroying deer hunting in ohioi

Last edited by CalHunter; 02-10-2016 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Rule 1--3-day Temp Ban
Old 02-10-2016, 05:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

They are likely doing the same thing they did in PA. I'm retired and hunted all of archery, early muzzleloader, rifle and late muzzleloader. I probably put in 35-40 days of deer hunting and only saw 2 yearling doe and a tail! Horrible, just horrible.
Then the game commission wonders why license sales are down!
Old 02-10-2016, 10:53 AM
Typical Buck

yeah bronko i think your right i thought the same thing my family lives in avonmore pa & just 1 of my bothers hunts now others gave it up said he was tired of waisting his time never seeing anything. my selg probably hunted 40 days & only seen aprox 25 deer. starting to get old the numbers that they gave are probably urban snipers road kill & the ones they seen in the field
Old 02-10-2016, 02:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

You're pretty lucky, as I hunted the entire two week MI rifle season up north where I've had property since 1973 and I only saw two does and a tail and had one blowing when it got my scent as the wind changed to the wrong direction!
Old 02-10-2016, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Weird weather and deer movements in My area of Michigan, just celebrated 30 years in the same house.

5 weeks of fire arm deer season and muzzle loader season I saw 3 legal bucks total. Spend many a day with out seeing any thing.
About the same type of season for friends too. Worse for my UP friends. Some never seen even a deer track from Nov 2014 to present day.

Al
Old 02-10-2016, 06:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

I should have just stayed down here, as I almost hit two on the way home from my trip up north only a mile from the house. I've seen more deer over on the Fairgrounds here in town than up north, LOL!