Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Ohio Gun Season >

Ohio Gun Season

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Ohio Gun Season

Old 11-27-2015, 06:51 AM
Super Moderator

Default Ohio Gun Season

Alright guys, let's hear how it goes for everyone in OH. I'll be out Monday, Friday, and the second Saturday in Indiana County Pennsylvania. But I will be in Ohio Wednesday and Thursday and Saturday afternoon. I've seen allot of deer around this year, and some decent bucks as well. Hoping for a good season. Post your OH hunting pics and stories here. Good luck, Shoot Straight, Stay Safe.
-Jake

Last edited by Bocajnala; 11-28-2015 at 06:37 AM.
Old 11-28-2015, 05:45 AM
Typical Buck

will b out on monday morning in lorain county near findley state park hopefully will b done by 10 am but i can be out all week got 2 more tags to fill in l/c & then off to another county good luck to all going out & be safe ps it's no longer shotgun season it's known as gun season since straight walled cartridges can b used for me it's either the 460 hand cannon or the 45/70 lever action
Old 11-28-2015, 06:37 AM
Super Moderator

you're right Tshaffer, my slip up. I'll be hunting some with a .44mag as well.
-Jake
Old 11-30-2015, 11:55 PM
Typical Buck

my son took a 165lb doe with the muzzy & i myself did'nt see any deer until 510 pm & will b back there this morning . calling for lite rain this morning & turning into shower by noon. oh well can't kill anything if you are'nt out there
Old 12-01-2015, 02:31 AM
Super Moderator

That's a big doe. Good luck today.
-Jake
Old 12-02-2015, 02:06 AM
Typical Buck

thanks i ve seen some big deer lately some that will tip the scale to 250 lbs live weight but those are bucks most of the does do go around 130. but yesterday had 4 small does ( yearlings that none of them went over 50 lbs ) pass with 20 yrds of me & no i won't shoot them . pisses me off that somebody shot their momma in which myself would all pass won't kill a doe with babies. well they looked @ me & just staired like they were asking have you seen our mom ? kinda felt sorry for them
Old 12-02-2015, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hear you on the mommy killing. Hunting Ohio with the Bow in late Archery.
Old 12-02-2015, 10:22 AM
Typical Buck

hatchet jack good luck & where might you be hunting in ohio ?
Old 12-02-2015, 11:23 PM
Typical Buck

getting up now & making coffee @ 315 am to go hunting don't know why ? went out all day weds & the deer are doing the same as me on vacation did'nt see jack chit & never heard a shot not even a distance shot i believe myself & 2 pesty blue jays were the only ones out in lorain county & today is more likely to be the same. but watch out fri & sat i expect to see alot of people out & as for sunday won't see but a handfull of people
Old 12-04-2015, 05:26 PM
Typical Buck

went out this morning & don't think there 2 other guys hunting in the whole lorain county however did see 3 doe well over 400 yrds away.
wentover to another property around 11 am & still nobody to be found
went in & kicked around & nothing & then all a sudden @ 1 pm seem like everybody was out started to hear shots & pretty close but did'nt see anything & @1 30 pm started to walk out & seen a doe come in off the road & into some thick stuff . well i actually wanted to get out of there by 2 pm my wife was having a birthday get together for me with the kids & friends & i started to walk again & there in front of me was the deer in some thick cover, so i started to raise the 45/70 up slowly& was able to take a shot @ 35yrds & the deer went down hard & was still kicking around. watched for a few seconds & then it was over. looked to see & find it was button buck good size field dressed @ 160 @ the processors place. going back out tomorrow to hopefully fill another tag we are aloud 3 either sex tags in lorain county. i m not really a head hunter just want to keep & fill up the freezer. don't remember the last time i bought beef. i love the taste of vension. field dressed the deer & found i blew the heart completely apart. but yet this deer kicked around & tried to get up a couple of minutes after the shot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.