Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Ohio Gun Season >

Ohio Gun Season

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Ohio Gun Season

Old 12-30-2015, 07:53 PM
Super Moderator

Ya that was some bad weather. I resorted to sitting in a ground blind most of monday. I saw six, but no shots taken... I did bump one doe over to a hunter who shot it while I was still hunting some pines on public land.
-Jake
Old 12-31-2015, 09:55 AM
Typical Buck

bocajnala what state game land were you hunting at ? i used to hunt woodbury area until every hillbilly started to hunt there & shotat every deer there saw within a 1000 yrd radius & i mean they shot at anything that move & nearly 90 % of the time they missed just got to dangerous to hunt there
Old 01-01-2016, 06:05 AM
Super Moderator

I was at Grand River. North East corner of the state. You end up seeing anything?
-Jake
Old 01-03-2016, 02:37 AM
Typical Buck

bocajnala no i did'nt see anything but noah putting animals on the arc 2 x2 though tuesday did hear some close shots. i used to hunt grand river area & ladue reservoir but the blight took over 2 yrs ago @ ladue & game wardens claim the found over 200 dead deer basically they died from starvation & water they could not eat or drink from their tongues swelling up & has not been right since that. i liked grand river
alot of places for deer to hide in. also itis a easy place to get turned around in & get lost. you always hear stories about the state or local depts going in & finding a lost hunter. how that happen i don't know?
now for muzzleloading season 1st day 50 deg & 70% chance of rain 2nd day 45 & 50% of rain in the morning monday & tuesday cold with some chance of snow flurries & fiqures wedsday the day after the season closes 1-3 " of snow expected
Old 01-05-2016, 01:07 PM
Fork Horn

Anyone going to hunt the Ohio Muzzeloder. I am going out Sunday Morning to try for a Doe or Buck. I have been pretty tied up until now to get out and hunt.

CVG Ohio
Old 01-06-2016, 03:52 AM
Typical Buck

i"ll be out all 4 days if nessacery sat weather sucks 50 & now down to 50% chance of rain sun 40deg still 50% chance of rain till late afternoon then switching over to snow or wet sleet mon am snow flurries hi 24 & tues the last day now calling for lake effect snow & cold 20 's the hi but falling to the low teens by mid afternoon. i have a ground hut & it's built like a brick chit house. add a mr buddy heater & i'm cozy . no i'm not a wimp but when comes to being cozy or being frozen like a popcicle i"ll take being cozy hopefully tag out sat got 2 tags left to b tagged out . will b hunting southern lorain county near findley state park. everybody goinfg out be safe & keep your powder dry
Old 01-06-2016, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator

I won't be out unfortunately. Good luck boys.
-Jake
Old 01-07-2016, 05:57 AM
Typical Buck

thanks & everybody going out lets keep this season a safe one so far this hunting season there are NO fatalities
Old 01-09-2016, 05:58 PM
Typical Buck

went out today for 1st day of muzzleloader & it rained on & off till about 10 am after that it turned out to be a nice day only seen 3 & that was @ 550 pm just as the day was ending & too far to shoot but will be out tomorrow calling for rain in the morning&snow by afternoon.however did hear some shots 2day.
Old 01-11-2016, 05:18 PM
Typical Buck

been out the first 3 days yesterday after chit turn from rain into instant snow store seen 3 that day was out today in a metal ground hut & never got above 14 deg seen nothing & never heard a shot anywhere blustery cold day but was cozy with my mr buddy heater had it so hot in there 1 time that it was melting snow & ice off the roof. final day is tomorrow 1-3 in of snow tonite & 2-4 during tomorrow good day to get out of the hut & track some deer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.