Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
2015 Northern IL lease >

2015 Northern IL lease

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

2015 Northern IL lease

Old 10-19-2014, 01:44 PM
Spike

Default 2015 Northern IL lease

Looking at getting a lease for 2015 in Northern IL for deer., any leads would be appreciated.
Old 10-20-2014, 07:18 AM
Fork Horn

Hope you have deep pockets!! there are some available around but tall cash !! watch craigslist, hunting lease network..
Old 10-21-2014, 05:07 AM
Spike

train load of cash..title to your house..and your first born..good luck
Old 10-30-2014, 06:37 AM
Spike

I looked at a lease in Sycamore last year. West of peace rd and north of rt64, south of the hunt club. They wanted $3,000 and 3 hunters archery only were allowed. I saw it on basecampleasing.com. It had alot of small trees (not alot of spots to put treestands) . They said it was 111 acres but i would say it was only about 30-40 of timber/crp. I see it was leased this year but it may come available next year?? Good Luck!!

http://www.basecampleasing.com/5370/...ing-Lease.html
Old 10-30-2014, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would checkout Ohio before IL. IL was hit hard with EH . Ohio has some nice Deer and it wont ROCK you in the pocket . Out of state LIC is only $125, but I think thats going to change next year. Good Luck.

HJ
Old 10-30-2014, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by hatchet jack
I would checkout Ohio before IL. IL was hit hard with EH . Ohio has some nice Deer and it wont ROCK you in the pocket . Out of state LIC is only $125, but I think thats going to change next year. Good Luck.

HJ
Pockets up Illinois were hit by EHD, definitely not all of Illinois. I know our area wasn't and a lot of people who still have a ton of deer. You just heard a lot about it from the people who lost deer.

He lives in Northern Illinois, I highly doubt he is looking for a lease 8 hours from home rather than an hour. You would spend double on gas and hotel getting to the lease than you would on the lease.

Good leases are tough to find in Northern Illinois. You really got to get the word out and hope for someone that is giving one up or has one available. Be prepared to spend about $25 to $50 an acre.
Old 10-31-2014, 05:22 AM
Spike

Yea I know exactly where that is, I always wondered what they charged for that piece. I wonder if its produced much
Old 11-04-2014, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I drive thru Sycamore on the way to my lease. Stop at the Farm and Fleet once in awhile. We might be looking for another hunter to join our lease. You never know.
Old 11-05-2014, 10:30 AM
Spike

We looked at the property when it snowed a few days before and didn't see many trails. I'm sure there are some decent deer there, but the price was high for what you were getting.