Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Illinois Leftover Deer  Permit Lists >

Illinois Leftover Deer Permit Lists

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Illinois Leftover Deer Permit Lists

Old 06-15-2014, 07:34 PM
Typical Buck

Default Illinois Leftover Deer Permit Lists

The leftover permit lists on the IDNR website for both firearm and muzzleloader permits is incomplete. It appears they omitted that last 2 pages that cover public land sites. I was able to conact them via email, and they provided info for the sites I asked about.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Are you going to let the people looking for it know or are just bragging that you got it?

Here is the link for the permit available for the second drawing for those looking.

http://www.dnr.illinois.gov/hunting/...sbycounty.aspx

Also, leftover licenses are not available until after the second drawing. We usually know what counties have leftover licenses around Late July/early August. I don't want anyone to try and get another tag and get in trouble with the IDNR

Hope everyone got their first choice this year!
Old 06-17-2014, 06:46 PM
Typical Buck

Just Bragging.

Seriously, that's the list that is incomplete -- doesn't show most public land sites. I asked about a couple specific sites, so if anyone is interrested in a specific site not on the list, don't assume its sold out, email the DNR and ask about it.
Old 06-19-2014, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great piece of information for those of you who may not have gotten your first or second choice. The vast majority of people will assume that there are no permits left and try somewhere else. Hopefully a few people can take advantage or Murdy's research!
Old 09-12-2014, 06:30 AM
Typical Buck

Once again, I call B.S. on the most recently released leftover list (showing tags remaining as of August 25 after second lottery was held). It shows nine public land sites; however, sites that perennially have leftover second season tags (i.e., Starved Rock, Crab Orchard, Green River, etc.) are not listed. If you are looking for a leftover public land tag, I would contact the IDNR and find out if it is actually available.