Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Bobcat's In Illinois - Revised >

Bobcat's In Illinois - Revised

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Bobcat's In Illinois - Revised

Old 07-01-2014, 12:02 PM
Spike

Have seen Bobcats from my deer stand in Jackson and Union counties.
Old 07-04-2014, 03:16 AM
Fork Horn

My farm is in schuyler county and I have never seen one.I talked to our farmer the other day and he said that they are around and he is seeing them all the time ??
Old 07-25-2014, 05:38 PM
Spike

When kind of ammunition can you hunt them with? I imagine any shotgun ammo will ruin the pelt
Old 07-25-2014, 08:27 PM
Fork Horn

i knew someone that hit one, in Crawford county
Old 08-06-2014, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think its only a matter of time before they move north into central Illinois. I'm still not sure if I want them. They are a pretty neat animal to see in the wild but I hear they are great at finding newborn fawns as well.
Old 10-10-2014, 07:51 PM
Spike

whiteside county..3 cameras.. 3 different farms..past 5 yrs. never seen one..no pics..no tracks..
Old 10-14-2014, 05:32 AM
Typical Buck

Bobcat are not legal to hunt or trap in Illinois according to most recent DNR hunter info.

Wolf, mountain lion and bear are also protected this year.
Old 10-14-2014, 07:30 AM
Typical Buck

I have seen one in edwards county
Old 11-30-2014, 05:01 PM
Spike

Take this for what it's worth, but last deer season I was sitting in a tree stand in McDonough County IL and I saw something moving at 300 yards that was too big to be a feral cat and too small to be anything else, definitely feline. It was on an alfalfa field for about 5 minutes before it went back into the timber. I say take it for what it's worth because at the time I was looking head on into a freezing rain and a 20mph wind so I couldn't make a positive ID.

With that said there was a bear roaming Northern IL counties earlier this year, a tail cam pic of a Cougar in Yorkville, IL last year, and feral hogs in Fulton County, so I have no doubt there are bobcats roaming throughout the state............and per prior posts they are all specifically protected by the hunting regs (X feral swine during open gun seasons)
Old 11-30-2014, 05:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Bobcats and cougars are very secretive animals. I've had good hunting property up in northern Michigan since 1973 where there are bobcats and I've never seen one. The closest I've been to even knowing one was around was when I found a doe that had been shot and lost by an archer and it died on my place. A cat had found it, eaten some, and then partially cover it with field debris. I have no doubt that there are bobcats in some areas of IL and probably the further south you go out of the more open agricultural areas the better chance there would probably be of them inhabiting the area.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.