Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
I am done with hunting in Illinois! >

I am done with hunting in Illinois!

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

I am done with hunting in Illinois!

Old 09-19-2011, 05:00 PM
Spike

I agree with ya Dumb Bass,Southern Il. would be so much better if we could succeed!
It sucks that the whole state gets screwed by four counties!
Old 09-20-2011, 01:27 PM
Typical Buck

There are alot of people down here that share that view. I actually posted in the politics forum asking if it would be possible and most there said no, it wouldn't be. About all we can do is vote for the right people to do right by us, but its hard to when so many ran unopposed.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:49 AM
Spike

I agree, as I posted earlier, that we should portion off that part of IL North of I-80 and East of I-39. The Constitution however, disagrees, so I don't think that it will happen. Really sucks when Quinn can "win" 2 counties, the other 100 go for Brady, yet we have Governor Quinn.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:28 PM
Spike

Im from northeast lake county and agree the forest preserve districts all suck. Its amazing how they can spend our money to buy tons of land and not allow access. Remember, the DNR and forest preserve districts are all political, these people can be voted out, and they should be. As should our Governor.
Hunting Moraine Hills is ok, I've hunted it several years and had great luck. I prefer hunting Marseilles, less BS to deal with.

Remember, Wi. isn't loaded with deer like it used to be.

Shoot straight!!!
Old 09-28-2011, 08:57 AM
Typical Buck

[quote=fastetti;3847753]I personally love hunting Illinois and think its a great state to hunt in. You have to realize you live within 50 miles of a city of over 2 million people, there is no way to have enough land for everyone. Look at some of the bigger cities in the country and then look at how much public land they have near them, it isn't much.

I agree!
BUT if land is bought with revenue from Illinois hunter's then that land should go primarily to hunters. If any land is purchased from public tax money then it should go to the public. All sportsman have to pay taxes besides all the expense of any equipment that is also taxed for conservation purposes. We are taxed three times. The public is taxed one time. I think that should decide how it goes.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:33 AM
Spike

If the truth be told, most of the money that goes in conservation comes from hunters and sportsmans. The sappy soccer mom who doesnt want anyone shooting bambi and shows up at a public meeting to oppose hunting (Will County Forest Preserve) doesnt pay a dime to help the wildlife. I was talking to an old timer on hunting and he predicted that eventually the only land you will be able to hunt is private. The government will make it so hard to hunt public that most will give up hunting.

I think Wicked has a good point, this people in office may not have our best interest in mind and could even be anti. I will look into their public meeting and post what I find on this site.
Old 10-15-2011, 03:18 AM
Fork Horn

Well, it's just a thought but you could allways come hunt up here in Michigan. There are roughly 4.5 million acres of state of Michigan land and millions more of national forests. The deer are not as thick in northern michigan as in Ill, but there are some nice ones. The out of state liscenses are not that expensive either. Just a thought.
Old 08-22-2016, 08:34 PM
Spike

Default Why not hunt your own land?

...Deleted by CalHunter...

Last edited by CalHunter; 08-26-2016 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Posting duplicate ad in Midwest forum--violation of rules--30 days temp ban
Old 08-29-2016, 12:19 PM
Kid
Typical Buck

Another vote for being glad I live in the southern part of the state.
Old 11-01-2016, 06:59 AM
Fork Horn

160 acres per hunter is a fantastic deal! Safe, and a great way to allow an actual hunting experience.
Come to wisconsin and you will have 20 hunters on 40 acres. They stopped trying to manage the public land because people didn't follow it and just crowded in, this includes Nature Conservancy land too.
If you like unregulated men firing rifles in any direction they want, and seeing 10 trucks parked near the area you scouted, then WI is for you. If not, be patient and get on the list for 160 acres, that's a way better deal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.