Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Illinois Permit Question >

Illinois Permit Question

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Illinois Permit Question

Old 09-05-2008, 05:50 AM
Fork Horn

Default Illinois Permit Question

I noticed when I applied for my deer permit, I had to pick which season I wanted to apply for. I applied for the first firearm season (Nov 21) and recieved a full-season permit. Does this mean I can hunt the first(Nov 21)and second season (Dec 4)?? Do they actually give some permits that are only good for one season or the other???
Old 09-05-2008, 06:50 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Illinois Permit Question

That should be a full-season tag. You can hunt both weekends.
There are very few counties that offer 2nd season-only tags.

Good luck!
Old 09-05-2008, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you tag says full season, then you hunt both the 1st and 2nd firearm seasonson with it. And yes, there are some people who only recieved a 1st season tag, but I have never heard of anyone receiving just a 2nd season tag. What county did you draw?
Old 09-05-2008, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like you got a full season tag which is good the weekend before and after Thanksgiving (every year) actually my wife claims I remember the deer season but can't remember our anniversary.... They should be taking applications now for second season only permits.

kickin buck, I've always gotten 2nd season permits as well as full season permitsfor years. Granted maybe not all counties have them but I know Pope does.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:39 AM

Also I know that you can only kill two bucks a season buck can i send off for three different either sex tags. I have recieved my Full season tag for Jasper. After the first lottery drawing I was given permission for some shelby co. and jefferson co. land. I've sent off for my shelby and it is in random drawings. I don't know the chances of even recieving it so can I send off for another either sex tag in jefferson co. and take the chance of the first tag drawn of will i recieve both if they are both drawn?
Old 09-05-2008, 10:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

If it goes unfilled, you can even use that tag as part of the late season antlerless season....so if you might hang on to it at least til that late season passes.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:45 AM
Fork Horn

A buddy and I both drew for Henry County. His inlaws have a few hundred acres there on the eastern border of the countyand invited us out to hunt. I have never been to or hunted in Illinois and am very excited about the experience. I have heard and read nothing but great things. I cant wait!!!!
Old 09-05-2008, 11:34 AM
Kid
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: kickin_buck

If you tag says full season, then you hunt both the 1st and 2nd firearm seasonson with it. And yes, there are some people who only recieved a 1st season tag, but I have never heard of anyone receiving just a 2nd season tag. What county did you draw?
Actually, kickin there are no 1st season tags just full season or 2nd season. If you remember your application, you're asked if you would accept a 2nd season tag if you don't draw a full season.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:06 PM
Fork Horn

That makes sense. I do remember that now that I am thinking about it.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:26 AM
Kid
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Kid

ORIGINAL: kickin_buck

Actually, kickin there are no 1st season tags just full season or 2nd season. If you remember your application, you're asked if you would accept a 2nd season tag if you don't draw a full season.

Bump. I'm not sure why this just occured to me , but there are some special hunt areas that issue either 1st season or 2nd season permits, so from that stand point kickin_buck is right. So, there is an exception to the rule!