Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

IMB

Old 08-12-2008, 06:34 AM

Default IMB

HAS ANYONE HUNTED IMB ILLINOIS DURING RUT. PIKE COUNTY
Old 08-12-2008, 06:55 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: IMB

Be carefull hunting with a outfitter in Pike .They have been shooting alot of there trophy bucks most guys usually only shoot a 120 to 135 inch buck. I would look for another place in the state to hunt. You would have a better chance to kill a bigger buck. But thats just my opinion..let me tell you there are alot and I mean alot of outfitters in Illinois who has tons of openings left this year. So dont let them tell you I might can work you in. The grigsby is a great place to hunt. Good luck
Old 08-12-2008, 06:59 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: IMB

I hunted with the IMB co-owner in Missouri last year and had a great time. The guy I shared my room with had just left the Kinderhook lodge and had taken a 150 class deer. Several of the hunters were repeat bookings. If you get a chance to hunt IMB then I say go for it. I myself did not shoot at a deer but I had several nice bucks under my tree, just not the right one for me.