Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Illinois Muzzleloader Regs >

Illinois Muzzleloader Regs

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Illinois Muzzleloader Regs

Old 05-06-2008, 05:28 AM
Typical Buck

Default Illinois Muzzleloader Regs

OK, Here's the deal for the first time, I'll be able to hunt gun in IL and I want to hunt with a muzzleloader. I know from the regs that the season is definitely Dec 4,5,6,7 and Dec 12,13,14. Of course, there is also Shotgun on Nov 21,22,23, which the regs say you can also hunt with a muzzleloader or any legal weapon during those days. What I can't clearly determine from the regs is this: Can you hunt with a muzzleloader only permit on Nov 21,22,23 or must you also have a firearms permit to hunt all 3 seasons?

I think I know the answer, but I'm not 100% sure so I'm asking the IL guys who know. Thanks!!!
Old 05-06-2008, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Illinois Muzzleloader Regs

You cannot use your muzzleloader permit on nov 21, 22 and 23. You have to have a firearm permit for 1st gun season. You can use the muzzleloader permit for 2nd gun and muzzleloader seasons.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:24 AM
Typical Buck

That was also my interpretation, though it didn't come out very clear to me in the regs.

Being a non-resident, I can't afford both licenses, so I suppose I have to pick which 7 days I want to hunt now.

Thanks for the clarification!
Old 05-06-2008, 06:15 PM
Spike

I've been looking into the same senario. I was under the impression that non-residents could not get a tag for the first firearm season?
Old 05-06-2008, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

First season is always the best.... To me its more in the rut..but don't take my word!!
Old 05-06-2008, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 116Buck

I've been looking into the same senario. I was under the impression that non-residents could not get a tag for the first firearm season?
Non-residents can apply for 1st gun season. I have had non-residents hunting with me for 8 years and never seen a rejected permit for 1st season in the counties I hunt..
Old 05-07-2008, 04:08 AM
Spike

Ok a stupid question then! Can I apply for the 1st season as a first choice, and the 2nd season as a second choice? Meaning that if I don't draw a first season tag I will have a chance at being drawn for the second season. Thanks guys
Old 05-07-2008, 05:11 AM
Fork Horn

116BUCK,

The answer is Yes, It will give you the option
Old 05-07-2008, 03:30 PM
Fork Horn

116 I think what you are thinking of (I could be wrong) is non residents cannot apply for a permit during the first lottery. You can apply for any season you choose to but you just have to wait for the second lottery. There is a second season option if the full season tags are not available. The second option is usually for a different county or hunt area. And as said above, you can use a muzzle loader during all firearms season but a muzzle loader permit is only valid for the second firearm and muzzleloader seasons.
Old 05-07-2008, 03:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

formula1, which outfitter are you using and what county will you be in?

Quick Reply: Illinois Muzzleloader Regs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.