Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Minneapolis, MN >

Minneapolis, MN

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Minneapolis, MN

Old 08-02-2007, 06:52 AM
Fork Horn

Default Minneapolis, MN

I hope everything goes well for everybody involved. My family and I send our prayers. To those injured, I wish a full and speedy recovery and to thefamilies who lost loved ones, you have our deepest sympothy.
God Bless
Old 08-02-2007, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Minneapolis, MN

Well said. That goes for me to.

I have some friends that crossed that bridge 30 minutes before it happened. Another crossed the bridge about an hour before it collapsed. Very, very busy bridge and it happened during rush hour. I'm scared to think what the total casualties will be.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:08 AM

Well...now we're going to pay... Gov. Tim Pawlenty said Friday he is willing to reverse his longstanding opposition to a state gas tax increase in the wake of the Minneapolis bridge collapse.-from KSTP website ....If they would only manage the budget properly with existing funds...but,I know that's wishful thinking. By the way, new guy from Minnesota here, looks like a great forum.

Old 08-04-2007, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

weird story...i was on a father/son fishing trip up at rainy lake sat-fri...the night it happened, the twins had a game (of course), one of my buddies grandparents were 2 min behind the bridge on their way to watch the twins, they said...after finally getting through to them because of theclogged cell phone towers they happend to be running late. Crazy how things work.
Old 08-04-2007, 02:46 PM

Happy to hear you friends squeaked by Kyle, it does make you think...but, and I don't mean to be glib, did you get any walleyes?
Old 08-05-2007, 12:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

badjam,

pretty slow up there. the full moon could have, and im sure did, play a major part. Slot fish were tough to find, prob averaged about 7-10 eyes a day, fishin real hard, the average size-- 20-22''. The ones we did catch were real shallow, 10-15 feet...lots of snags and smallies though. Overall, a great trip.
Old 08-05-2007, 05:18 AM

My wife and I stayed on the Ash river over the 4th and fished Kabetogama and Namaken, no luck then either. Beautiful country up there,tried not to let the biting flies spoil the trip.[:@]
Old 08-05-2007, 10:00 AM

This could have made a bad situation worse... http://kstp.com/article/stories/S159...?cat=1&v=1