Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Moose Hunt in MN ? >

Moose Hunt in MN ?

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Moose Hunt in MN ?

Old 01-12-2007, 11:15 AM
Fork Horn

Default Moose Hunt in MN ?

Anyone ever tried to get a moose licence in MN ? My dad applied every year for about 8 years and never got one. Is it possible to get one ? Why dont they do a prefered points system like the lotteries to get a licence out west ?
Old 01-12-2007, 03:20 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Moose Hunt in MN ?

All you can do is keep trying I've known people who got them and have been trying for a long time. They didn't get one cause moose are almost extinct anyways.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:11 PM

bdog ., i guess i was one of the lucky ones., the first year i applyed i got my moose tag., that was the first year they went to once in a liftime ., so now i cant hunt anymore., and yes there were alot of guys and gals really pissed at me for getting and some of them had been applying for 10 years., just keep applying .,
Old 01-13-2007, 12:25 AM
Fork Horn

Started applying with my dad WAY back when they first started. Never drew a tag but had an uncle that drew twice before the once in a life time. (Isn't that a doosy) I quit putting in due to military and never tried since. My dad and brother continued for years until I went to Canada one year so they decided to go the next year (to Canada). We ended up with two nice moose from Ontario. WELL GUESS WHAT? The next year they finally got drawn for MN. They shot a nice bull near Isabella (sp). I was in Okinawa at the time so couldn't bring any of the meat back. So they had 3 moose to eat within a year. Needless to say they got sick of moose meat.

I have heard that the moose herd is back on the upswing after a deer tick infestation. Hope it gets back to how it was a few years ago. I fly quite a bit to spot game and to moniter game movements and remember being able to see LOTS of moose around Thief River Falls. But this last fall when I flew up to see a buddy I never even saw one moose!
WW