Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Anyone Hunting Kansas? >

Anyone Hunting Kansas?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Anyone Hunting Kansas?

Old 09-25-2006, 07:14 PM

Default Anyone Hunting Kansas?

Anyone Hunting Kansas?
If so, upland or deer?
Old 09-28-2006, 01:00 PM

Default RE: Anyone Hunting Kansas?

I come out every year to chase pheasant and quail, then usually spend a few days stalking mulies out west or chasing whitetail in the mid-central part of the state.
Old 10-07-2006, 05:21 AM

I would like to bow hunt southeast Kansas. I'm looking for a landowner transferable nonresident tag for Wilson county. Be great if someone knew of somebody that could hook me up. I also heard that nonresident tags are going to be over the counter next year.
Old 10-07-2006, 06:58 AM

There are 1,500 leftover NON-Resident tags still available. Go to this link w/ parks & Wildlife

http://www.kdwp.state.ks.us/news/hunting/more_than_1_500_nonresident_deer_permits_still_ava ilable

If you need a place, try KansasHuntMaps.com
Kansas has over 1,000,000 acres of FREE walk-in-hunting
not all in one place, these are scattered over 2,500 differents areas in 103 counties

Old 10-07-2006, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I also heard that nonresident tags are going to be over the counter next year.
I seriously doubt that! They have a preference point system in place, and I doubt that they will make such a drastic change.
They do have some left over rifle tags, no archery tags left over.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:17 PM
Spike

howler, I was talking to a gamewarden and he says that yes next year will be otc tags for n/r but limited to a certain # to each county
Old 10-09-2006, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

That don't make since, since they have no idea how many are takin' in any one county, currently. That would mean out the window with the current units? They wouldn't have any way of knowing, with the current system, how many hunters and how many deer are killed per county, even with the post season surveys!! I wouldn't think! SO what, do you think they will sell X amount of tags per county, and then what, you can't cross the county line to hunt, your tag would only be good for one county?
I know they have a group that did a large survey of hunters last year, I was a part of it, that asked a whole bunch of deer hunting questions, and I know they were going to be looking at some changes to the current T-tag system, but I'll be very surprised if they sell X amount of tags per county and do away with the current units!
I'm glad I'm a landowner in KS., just wish they'd quit jacking up the NR-landowner tag prices!! Each and every year, it gets a little higher, even slamming me for something like $21.50 or $22 for a antler-less game tag now!! It was just $10 or $11 a couple years ago!![&:]
If they do go to an over-the-counter tag, you can bet they'll sell like hot cakes!!
Old 10-11-2006, 07:00 AM

That would have to go through the state legislature and there has been no such plan presented to date.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

As much as I dispise of the idea, there is at least apossibility for NR OTC tags for the eastern 2/3 of the state, in the future. As least that is what the KDWP Deer Task Force Committe has recommended, but has not yet proposed to legistature. But it's obvious that OTC tags are very "unpopular" by all residents, including outfitters. Even majority of the NR hunters do not support it, as NR OTC tags would effect Kansas in a negative way.

The original recommendations are posted on the site. It will be interesting to see what happens in the future. I went to the KDWP meeting here in KCand it didn't look very promising. But I haven't heard much on the subject since the meetings.

http://www.kdwp.state.ks.us/kdwp_info/news/web_news/february_2006/kdwp_deer_task_force_reports_to_legislature
Old 10-11-2006, 11:17 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: Anyone Hunting Kansas?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.