Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Illinois dream hunt  or so I though. >

Illinois dream hunt or so I though.

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Illinois dream hunt or so I though.

Old 11-20-2005, 02:59 PM

Default Illinois dream hunt or so I though.

Hi guy's well my Illinois dream hunt was done in buy greed and incompence.OK I booked a hunt with Illinois Tropy Bowhunt's Owners Troy Hunter and Vic. Whent out in march to see prop. and shed hunt Troy took me and wife around found 4 sheds on one prop. in Fullton look at prop in Fulton Schyler brown and Mcdona. So I though I did my homework. Tell me to aply for tag in Mcdonua it easy to get . Wil for 11 day's same tree stand 8 day's bow and than 3 gun same tree stand I am in shock you want me to hunt the same stand for 11 day's not the real shooker it only may be 10 ac, of wood in between two cut corn filed's no wood in front for miles some start be hind prop. first three day's saw some deer 4 small bucks day two less deer two small bucks day three shot doe at 11:30 donate to the poor pay 30.00 to guide for pros. whent in with four weeler to get deer rough around an through woods. Ask were I am I going to hunt this afternoon guid say's I don't know. Nice ! no deer rest a week . Ok openen day gun felling sick know it's uless but get in tree Locals line only way deer can come gess what no deer. Got mad call outfitter on cell to see if he has some place to move me wont pick up phone or call back. Steaming now pack up and leave call outfitter and ask for two day's of money back geses what whont pick up . OK greed won out Over booking guids who don't have a clue What can I do so this dosen hapen to someone elese.
Old 11-20-2005, 03:17 PM

Default RE: Illinois dream hunt or so I though.

Man that sucks [:@]I'd look him up and work it out of him.
Old 11-20-2005, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

um i would respond but couldnt understand half of what you said??? all i can say is that i wouldnt have hunted in mcdona county for a guided hunt. not really known as one of the top counties in illinois for big bucks.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:35 AM

My father and i hunted with them last year for the gun season all i will say is i never would go back or recomend them to anyone they suck.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:53 AM

One thing I would do is plaster the name of his guide service on every hunting forum web site so the word gets out on this idiot.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:33 PM

There is no McDona County in IL however there is a McDonough County, and there are some big deer, but it is definitely not a trophy county.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:24 PM

Had about the same experience in Mississippi last year. The trail leading to the 1st stand they send me to looks like a cattle trail its been used so much. Do like I did and use this as a lesson learned and never book another hunt with an outfitter unless you personaly know someone who has hunted there.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:03 PM
Fork Horn

ITB is known for booking more hunters than they have room for. They have been around for quite awhile. The reason they book so well is their prices are cheaper than most outfitters in Ill. I've heard nothing good about them. I would catch him at a outdoors show and talk to him there. No outfitter wants bad publicity. Maybe he'll make things right.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:28 PM

I would probably try to talk to the guy and like someone said earlier in the forum...plaster it everywhere you can. Good luck with it!
Old 12-05-2005, 03:30 PM

Troy and his outfitting compnay is not well liked around where I live. He took away alot of the locals (including myself) hunting ground for his outfitting. I know a couple of his guides and in my opinion they are a joke. You probably hunted right across the road from me on ground that I hunted for over 20 years. I guarantee I could have put you on deer. Troy tried to get me to guide for him but I told him he didn't have enough money. I hunt because I love it and not for the money.

Sorry you wasted your money on them. Maybe the word will finally get out how bad they are and you will prevent someone else from throwing away their hard earned money.
Here is their website.
http://www.illinois-hunting.com/

By the way..........I got a nice 9pt that will gross in the 130s.

Quick Reply: Illinois dream hunt or so I though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.