Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Land for Sale or Lease
Looking for place to hunt Midwest for 2 weeks >

Looking for place to hunt Midwest for 2 weeks

Community
Land for Sale or Lease Post your hunting land for sale here!

Looking for place to hunt Midwest for 2 weeks

Old 07-17-2017, 03:57 PM
Spike

Default Looking for place to hunt Midwest for 2 weeks

am looking for a affordable lease opportunity for two weeks or year. Only interested in bowhunting so if u gun hunt maybe could let me bow hunt.I hunted public land since 17 and been hunting since 5 don't need guide I just love to hunt. I have looked at leases on internet and simply put I can't afford it. Just hoping someone will let me hunt and hoping to make few friends along the way. Thanks for the time and may God bless
Old 07-17-2019, 05:13 PM
Spike

Default Trying again for 2019 deer season open to any Midwest states

Originally Posted by obsessedbowhunter150
am looking for a affordable lease opportunity for two weeks or year. Only interested in bowhunting so if u gun hunt maybe could let me bow hunt.I hunted public land since 17 and been hunting since 5 don't need guide I just love to hunt. I have looked at leases on internet and simply put I can't afford it. Just hoping someone will let me hunt and hoping to make few friends along the way. Thanks for the time and may God bless
I am trying this again for 2019, open to any Midwest states thanks for your time
Old 07-17-2019, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

HI< and good lucking finding a place
But I will ad a few things for food for thought here
one, is and take with a gain of salt and humor as meant in a nice way!
telling us your hunting since your 7 and public lands since 17
and NOT telling us your age, doesn';t help a lot on showing experience levels ,a s I gather you meant it to show LOL
for math to work you need to know a current age to help anyone see your experience level!
But sadly,m yrs hunting, doesn;t always mean much in HOW Much experiences a hunter has, some folks hunt 1 day a yr, and some 100+ days!
if you follow what I mean here
you also don;t list any specific states you have interest in, or your own state(if looking for hunting friends, showing l YOUR location might help you meet someone near you to go on hunts with!
again, I mean all this with mind set to help you! , no bashing here at all!

NEXT,, since I too have always loved hunting and for yrs and yrs I did my best to hunt as many places as I could as affordably as possible , also so I could hunt more places!
some tips I will share with you, is, start by picking certain locations out, then TRY and find places in these area's(they could both public lands or private)
this helps a lot, as your in a smaller area to learn!
MANY many outfitters will SELL you week or month leases, if that is what you want
many will also sell you SELF guided hunts, over guided hunts!
I have done countless one's over the yrs, this gets you many times on better than average lands, most times they DON"T give you best lands, but there still not over hunted or pressured most times,
many outfitters lease more land then they get hunters for, and rather make SOME money than NOT< thus if you contact them, and talk to them, many times you can work out a deal
ask about a self guided hunt for a week, with lodging or, just land access or< how ever you wish!
My last one I did in MO. I RENTED< a farm house off a outfitter and 1500 acres for 10 days, 7 in archery and 3 for opening rifle, (this gets me two buck tags or a chance to kill a buck with bow and one with gun, which I always did)
cost was like 1500 bucks, but I had the hole place to myself, and for ME was worth it, everyone's budget is different and what they consider worth it!

My last hunt in ND< I rented a house on 7500 acres, for $35 bucks day! and had a million or so acres of public land close by(Missouri national grass lands, actually a million plus acres so no joking or bragging!, never needed the public land however)
so, a lot comes down to YOU finding a area and then making phone calls, emails, and looking the area over, contacting local gun/bow shops in area and asking them if they know any land owners leasing, renting , selling hunting access rights, or homes/cabins for rent, as I learned long ago, just having land to hunt and NO lodging near by sucks!
My last few dozen hunts I did like this, I would ONLY do if a place to stay was part of the deal, , hotel rooms book up in many places, and can be very long and far drive to next place to stay, adding to a lot of costs in fuel and lost sleep!
good places to call when looking is local game wardens in area;s you like, and it never hurts to get to know a warden in a area from my experience too!
cannot tell you how many have helped me find great spots over the yrs!
Old 07-18-2019, 10:55 AM
Spike

Thanks for ALL the advice lol I’m 35 and have hunted very serious since my early teens NOT a weekend warrior I have a few of those public land honey holes
My MOM and DAD both taught me the importance of gun safety and the value of respecting others at a very young age North Carolina is my home, I am just trying to switch up the pace from crowded public hunting. That being said, if I don’t find anything I’m still going back to public land. The state does not matter because anywhere in the Midwest( Ohio, Kansas, Nebraska ,Missouri ,Illinois) have better class of bucks than North Carolina. THANKS AGAIN