Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Land for Sale or Lease
Camp for Sale in Western NY >

Camp for Sale in Western NY

Community
Land for Sale or Lease Post your hunting land for sale here!

Camp for Sale in Western NY

Old 01-26-2017, 11:40 AM
Fork Horn

Default Camp for Sale in Western NY

I am going to put my camp in Allegany county on the market. My first move is to list it here and a few other places before I involve a realtor, I would like to sell it to someone who plans to hunt and enjoy the land as much as I did, if at all possible. If I don't have any serious bites by May (turkey season), I will start contacting realtors.

It's 58 acres in area 9P, on North Almond Valley Road (32), border to the west is Bully Hill state forest, thousands of acres of other state forest nearby, nearest towns are Hornell/Arkport, Birdsall, and West Almond. Road to camp is paved, with utility lines. It's a mixture of open fields (about 5 acres), brush (about 10 acres) and hardwoods, mostly maple & beech (43 acres). GREAT deer hunting, the property next door (about 60 acres) is all overgrown goldenrod and hawthorn trees, which is great cover. I did plant food plots the first couple years I owned the place, and the fields could easily be planted again. I have permission to hunt the one neighbor's property (he doesn't hunt), and I'm sure the next owner would have no problem either. The Canisteo river runs through a small section of the land, but is easily crossed either on foot, or with an ATV or pickup truck. Logged about 15 years ago, I'm told it will probably be ready to be logged in another 10-15 years. Fair amount of grouse, turkeys are hit and miss but usually get 1 or 2 each year, coyotes come and go, haven't heard many the last few years. I also built a small 12 X 16 shack that I've been staying in when I go there, nothing fancy but it will keep you dry, fine for storage also.

I bought the property 12 years ago, I'm a little sad to sell it, a lot of good times and memories and some nice deer killed there over the years. But I'm getting ready to go into semi-retirement in the next couple years, probably further south (Eastern Shore of Maryland or Virginia), and can't justify the property taxes and the 300 mile drive to hunt a couple weekends a year any more. I had originally planned to retire to the camp, but as I get older, I'm liking the cold and the mountains less and less, LOL. I was hoping for a home run with the gas leasing talk a few years ago, but don't see that warming up any time soon. I'm asking $75,000, all mineral, gas, & timber rights included, I'll split the lawyer's/closing fee down the middle.

Send me a PM if you are interested. I can give you directions and tax map coordinates if you want to take a look yourself, or can take you for a walk in May when I go up to hunt. Thanks for looking-Uncle Nicky
Old 02-01-2017, 07:49 AM
Fork Horn

Purchase offer received. Thanks for looking & letting me post here. Mods can take this down if they'd like.
Old 02-15-2017, 10:26 AM
Spike

I wish I had seen this earlier! I love it over there, I use to hunt down the road at Hidden Hollow Campground. I miss the Birdsall Inn.