Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Land for Sale or Lease
 Potter Co PA Log Cabin/Hunting Camp w/acreage >

Potter Co PA Log Cabin/Hunting Camp w/acreage

Land for Sale or Lease Post your hunting land for sale here!

Potter Co PA Log Cabin/Hunting Camp w/acreage

Old 04-02-2008, 07:40 AM

Default Potter Co PA Log Cabin/Hunting Camp w/acreage

Log cabin built in 2000 setting on 7.49 secluded acres between Galeton and Germania Potter Co.

Enjoy sitting on your front deck watching the bear wander into your yard or the deer feeding at the corn crib. This place has it all!!!

* 3 bedrooms and 2 full baths
* Eat in kitchen w/gas stove
* Great Room with cathedral ceilings open to loft

* Hand picked stone fireplace
* 3 Heat sources - Wood burning fireplace, wood stove and propane heater
* Washer & Dryer
* Sleeps 10+
* Well & Septic
* Detatched 1car garage w/concrete floor and covered side porch area for wood storage. Perfect for storing your quad or snowmobile or any other toys!!

Also has access for 2nd floor of garage for additional storage which is suitable for storing riding tractor, roll out beds, treestands, etc...

*ATV trails leading off of property

Price $215,000

If you have questions about the property or would like to setup a time to view the property please call me at:

Randy Bevan, Realtor
570-617-5338
email [email protected]

Check out my website for more info www.PAcampsforsale.com

Realty Select Inc
717-735-8400
Old 04-02-2008, 02:10 PM

Default RE: Potter Co PA Log Cabin/Hunting Camp w/acreage

It's a nice place, but you will have a hard time telling me that you can sit on the porch and watch deer - because there are no more deer in Potter County.

I had a friend that has a camp up there and he said he didnt see 3 deer hanging from the meat pole - all year up there in front of the camps along Medix Run. One of the top deer producers in the state at one time.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:28 AM

It's actually my buddies place but I know almost everytime I'm up there we see deer. I do think we see more bear there than deer but the deer are there. He usually has at least 4 or 5 running around the cabin. There is some private land not far from there and when you come past it at dusk the field is filled with deer. When we were up in Nov for bear season we came in from hunting and there were at least 35 deer in the field.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:02 PM

Just so you know,

At one time there was more than 1.6 Million Whitetail deer living in Pennsylvania.

Recent guesstimations say that there is about 15,000 bears in Pennsylvania =- which is a grossly inflated number.

Average 1.5 Million deer against 15,000 bears, and you have a 100 to 1 ratio.

Now if you are being truthful, and you are seeing more bears than deer - then the deer thing is a joke.

I worked in Potter County for a couple of months and I helped build the house that the owners of PA Pressed Metals in Emporium lives in.

They owned several hundred acres and had it all posted - some 10 years ago, and there was 20 or 30 deer in their meadow every morning when we worked on their house.

Now if you saw 3 deer - you would be lucky.

The woods didn't change, just the population of deer there.

That is why this camp is for sale.

Nobody would go out and spend all that money and time and not want to use it or keep it - unless there was something wrong with it.

Right now there are lot's of camps for sale up there and very little deer.

You are a realtor - why don't you buy it for yourself and flip it in a couple of years when the deer population improves. You could make a fortune.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:04 PM

ORIGINAL: rustyb50

It's actually my buddies place but I know almost everytime I'm up there we see deer. I do think we see more bear there than deer but the deer are there. He usually has at least 4 or 5 running around the cabin. There is some private land not far from there and when you come past it at dusk the field is filled with deer. When we were up in Nov for bear season we came in from hunting and there were at least 35 deer in the field.
And the field had posted signs on every tree....
Old 04-13-2008, 12:01 PM
Fork Horn

I grew up in western PA and now live in Ohio. For some stupid reason I still hunt mostly in PA, Clearfield county to be exact. No matter what the Game Commission tries to tell you, there are significantly fewer deer in the west and north central parts of the state than there were even ten years ago. Too many antlerless permits and too many special seasons. I hunted hard ten days last year in the gun season in places where I have taken nice bucks in years past and I did not see one legal buck. I did see a couple nice bucks during archery season but damn few deer overall. And the Game Commission wonders why they are selling fewer licenses each year? This part of Pennsylvania never was and never will be a trophy deerarea. Antler restrictions and high doekills have ruined the deer hunting. Sure, a few nice bucks are taken every year but that is no different than ten or fifteen years ago before antler restrictions. Now there are just fewer deer but there are not more "trophy" deer. The genetics and habitat do not support trophy size deer but they can and have supported more deer. It doesn't do any good to manage for trophy deer when there are no deer left to manage. The other problem is land access and the Game Commission cannot manage the herds on private land where there is no public hunting access.