Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Our newly redone Oneida bows

Old 04-01-2009, 05:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default Our newly redone Oneida bows

My father and I purchased 2Onieda bows to try out this year. We sent them to a guy in Florida to be redone and just got them back today. We had new cables and strings put on them. I had no gloves put on mine and a d loop for a release. My father just had a d loop put on his. I believe my fathers bow also had to have the limbs machined down to fit him. After googling at them like kids at christmas we took them out in the back yard and fired a few shots. We both love the way they pull and shoot. Here are a few pics of the bows.

Old 04-01-2009, 06:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Our newly redone Oneida bows

Good looking bows! I had no-gloves on my new Osprey and never seemed to shoot consistently last summer. Taking the no-gloves off made a huge difference. I must have been rolling the string because of them. I sure did like how they saved my fingers though. Hope they work for you! Your bows look brand new!
Old 04-01-2009, 07:01 PM
Super Moderator

Looking good!

I have no-glovs on my oneida and I shoot better than Mark.

I have a whisker biscuit rest too. I used the brass roller for years and years before I switched over.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:28 PM
Fork Horn

I had the roller rest last year and hated it. I lost so many shots due to the arrow comming off the rest even though I try and have my finger on the arrow holding it down on the rest all the time. It was pissin me off so I had to try something different this year. Hopefully I will get to use it on some fish sometime soon. If we get a break in the weather this week and for sure this comming weekend I am going to try and make it out. We actually finished the boat deck all execpt the final wiring. It is on the boat and ready to go. Now I just get to check the weather and twidle my thumbs. Im pretty excited for this year really....... My mom decieded she was tired of us guys going out and having all the fun so shesaid she wanted to start going out, so we got her a bow and its all set up just for her. I even cut down a few arrows for her. So you will prolly see her at a event or 2 learning the ropes.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:48 AM

Verynice jobs and I absolutely love my Oneida bows, nothing as smooth as a lever limb.

Scribe, I will wager if you shoot a Boar'd bow you know me from the forums. Where are you located? I am all set and looking forward to shooting some fish.

Richard Vance is a guru down there in Florida customizing an Oneida and is one top notch guy to boot.

Old 04-08-2009, 04:17 PM
Fork Horn

Pduck..... I may not know you. My father was the one who was in touch with Boar and talked to him about doing our bows. He did a GREAT job and was real reasonable in price. We live in Granite City, IL 5 minutes east of St. Louis, Mo. I have shot them in the back yard a bit but havent seen any fish to stick yet. I am hoping the weather is nice this Saturday so I can get the new boat deck a try as well as the Oniedas. My Father screen name is normally Karter but he sometimes hijacks my account. So if you see a post by him give him a yell.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:36 PM
Fork Horn

Duck, this is Karter from the 5150 site (scribe917,s dad) the Screamer is the one you looked at for me on ebay a couple months ago. I also picked up the Aero Force from a great guy on this site, and sent them both to Boar. What a great Guy!!! They are ready to stick some fish, I owe you, Boar, and all the good guys on 5150 site...thanks. Doug
Old 04-09-2009, 10:10 AM

Karter and Scribe,

Glad to hear that those bows worked out for you and Rich is a great guy. My family has known Rich for years and looks forward to a lifelong friendship with him. Maybe one weekend we can all meet up to shoot at some fish or take a trip south for some hogs!

Those bows are beauties and nothing like a lever limb. When we can get together I will show you a lever limb bow you have never seen anywhere....Area 5150 style.......
Old 04-09-2009, 11:46 AM
Fork Horn

Sounds good to us!!! Have never killed a hog, and have always wanted to.