Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Zebco 808

Old 06-29-2006, 08:36 PM
Fork Horn

Default Zebco 808

Is there a difference between the Zebco 808s they sell at Kmart and the ones they sell at Sullys? Sullys reels specifically say 'Bowfishing Reel' while the Kmart reels say 'heavy freshwater fishing'(or something like that). Is this just packaging? They both cost about the same.The Kmartreel seemedbig.

Kmart was also selling an 808 Magnum Reel. That reel was gigantic.You could probably kill a fish by just dropping iton one.
Old 06-30-2006, 12:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Zebco 808

Yes there are differences. I will defer to Robo's vast Zebco knowlege on this question. However, I think the main difference is two pick up pins and all metal gears. I won an 808 Bowfisher and spooled it up but haven't mounted it to a bow yet.

So Rob, what's the difference?
Old 06-30-2006, 10:53 PM
JRW
Nontypical Buck

Kendall,

Did you win that reel at the state championship shoot?
Old 07-01-2006, 07:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think he got that one at the Evergreen-shoot-raffle Jason. In fact, I remember thinking I should've grabbed it because my Synergy crapped out on me that night.
Old 07-03-2006, 04:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Steve's right.

Gosh, I don't get to say that too often.

I got it at Evergreen Lake. BTW Thank you for donating one and a reel seat to the State Championshipshoot. If I remember correctly, Snuffy (aka Mark)was the lucky winner of your reel.
Old 07-04-2006, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, You are right Caprsniper. Snuffy did win the 808 at the state shoot, but as far as i know has not used it yet. It seems strange to me but it appears that the 808's hold up better than the 888s. Any one who has been following this reel thread knows that I have had nothing but problems with all of my 888's. Where ole KBI Prez is still shooting his original 808 for the past three years. I did just order a new Zebco Quantam from bass pro. They gave it a 5 star out of 5. From all the reports on it everyone says it is a terrific reel. So we will see. Now let me see that is 3-888's, one rino5 and a zebco quantan, plus a old retreiver, two wind up recurve reels. I think I should be set..
Old 07-04-2006, 07:35 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for all the information; looks like the 808 'wins.' Happy 4th of July everyone.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

that is 3-888's, one rino5 and a zebco quantan, plus a old retreiver, two wind up recurve reels. I think I should be set.
I should think so. You gonna have any room left in the boat for fish?
Old 07-04-2006, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do you get the feeling that I like lot's of toy's. One of these day's maybe able to afford a bigger boat. Once I get done buying reels. I just ordered a new rod for my new reel. Just was out loading the boat and found one laying down inside. Have no idea on how or why it was down inside where i found it. Hay carpstaker Im' 'loaded' for the trip on friday. Got my arrows, batteries, gas for outboard all in. Just have to grab my three bows and I'll be ready..
Old 07-23-2006, 08:56 AM

ORIGINAL: fishpoint

Is there a difference between the Zebco 808s they sell at Kmart and the ones they sell at Sullys? Sullys reels specifically say 'Bowfishing Reel' while the Kmart reels say 'heavy freshwater fishing'(or something like that). Is this just packaging? They both cost about the same.The Kmartreel seemedbig.

Kmart was also selling an 808 Magnum Reel. That reel was gigantic.You could probably kill a fish by just dropping iton one.
Back to the original question.........I would also like to know. Any first hand experience out there??

Quick Reply: Zebco 808

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.