Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunts/Outfitters
Deer Ranch Investing >

Deer Ranch Investing

Community
Hunts/Outfitters Find your next hunt or outfitter here. Outfitters and Commercial hunts are welcome.
View Poll Results: Would you be willing to hunt a monster buck in the wild for a reasonable price?
Yes
0%
Yes fair chase
28.57%
Yes with all accomidations
14.29%
No
57.14%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Deer Ranch Investing

Old 10-05-2015, 09:37 PM
Spike

Smile Deer Ranch Investing

We were wanting to find an investor for a whitetail breeding ranch/hunting ranchin central Estern Michigan. The profit will be very good. A really good friend operates one and they turn several million a year. We only want serious investors not lookers . I already own the land, 280 acres of presitine forest. The market for shooter bucks is very high because the state dont allow deer to be brought in .So the ranches run out of deer each year.The investor will not have to do any work. I am seeking an investment of 300,000 to build the required fences and to purchase initial stock. This first profits should turn on year three. I am very serious about this. If you are serious please contact me
Attached Thumbnails Deer Ranch Investing-image.jpg  

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 10-06-2015 at 01:52 AM. Reason: moved to classified business advertising
Old 10-06-2015, 03:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

280 acres isn't a ranch, it is a postage stamp.
Old 10-06-2015, 04:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

While I do not support operations that you are talking about as being the same as hunting a wild animal, more power to you if that is the business you are in. I do have to point out that I don't think your poll question reflects correctly what you are asking. A 280 acre ranch is not the same as a free ranging wild animal and I know these opinions can vary immensely on this but: Would you be willing to hunt a monster buck in the wild for a reasonable price? This is not the same as what you are doing in my view. Best of luck to ya.
Old 10-28-2015, 07:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

The question in the poll has nothing to do with a 280 high fenced "postage stamp" piece of property, as Oltimr called that little bit of land, as that isn't fair chase and the question is referring to hunting an animal in the"wild"? To put this on a hunting website that espouses fair chase hunting IMHO is rather ridiculous!
Old 10-29-2015, 06:30 AM
Dominant Buck

Certainly nothing I would invest in. Better to plant some crops like potato on that small of a property. And for his friend who turns several million on another property..sounds like a scam.
Old 10-29-2015, 09:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander
Certainly nothing I would invest in. Better to plant some crops like potato on that small of a property. And for his friend who turns several million on another property..sounds like a scam.
If not a scam, it's probably close to it! Why would anyone invest $300K in something like that when there is no guarantee that it would even open or make your money back. That three year turn around on a $300K investment sounds like a bunch of BS to me when the place might not even open and if it does might not make enough to pay the taxes.
Old 10-29-2015, 11:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

The return on your investment in 3 years kinds shoots the hunting a big buck for a reasonable price in the butt.
Old 10-29-2015, 12:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
280 acres isn't a ranch, it is a postage stamp.
This is why I voted NO! This isn't hunting. This is shooting livestock. Commercialization of hunting will be its downfall.