Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunts/Outfitters
Illinois Deer Hunts In Pike County >

Illinois Deer Hunts In Pike County

Hunts/Outfitters Find your next hunt or outfitter here. Outfitters and Commercial hunts are welcome.

Illinois Deer Hunts In Pike County

Old 04-09-2014, 09:56 AM
Spike

Default Illinois Deer Hunts In Pike County

Looking for a place to hunt that hasn't been stomped all over? Want the choice between a DIY hunt and a hunt where everything is done? We offer low pressure hunts with a maximum of 10 hunters per year, depending on group size. We give the farms a week break before and after your hunt. We operate on about 400 acres in some of the best deer hunting ground in the county. We have a 130 inch minimum and we have different food throughout the farms. Our prices are some of the best around. Check out our website at www.handhoutdoorsil.com to see our farms and you can contact us there or send us a private message. Don't miss out on this great opportunity to hunt in Pike County
Old 04-09-2014, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

How bad did EHD hit Pike County? I been hearing some bad reports coming out of IL? Sad to hear whats going on in your great state!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 04-10-2014, 12:27 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by hatchet jack
How bad did EHD hit Pike County? I been hearing some bad reports coming out of IL? Sad to hear whats going on in your great state!!

Hatchet Jack
It is a sad thing. It depends on who you talk to really. It's not a secret that it has hit Pike County but it just depends on which part of the county you are in that determines the extent of it. I personally have not found a single dead deer because of it on any of my land in the past couple of years. I have talked to some people in the southern part of the county and in Calhoun county that have saw the worst effects of it. I was talking to another outfitter a while back and he made a good point. His outlook on the matter was that a few years ago when we had a dry season when the does were carrying, they weren't able to get the nutrition that they should have for the fawns and when the fawns were born they still couldn't get the nutrition that was needed and now we are seeing the results of it a few years later. Like I said, everyone has their own opinion. As of right now in my area, the bucks are still there and the deer population is down but still good. If we have another drought this year, it will be devestating.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:46 PM
Fork Horn

I hunted in Barry, ILL,, this year and for the last seven years.. 2-3 miles from the Heartland lodge.. I used to see 15-20 bucks a day on the first day of gun season.. This year I sat for two days dark to dark and seen one DOE ?? You tell me???
Old 04-10-2014, 02:58 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Bluesberry
I hunted in Barry, ILL,, this year and for the last seven years.. 2-3 miles from the Heartland lodge.. I used to see 15-20 bucks a day on the first day of gun season.. This year I sat for two days dark to dark and seen one DOE ?? You tell me???
What days were you hunting?
Old 04-10-2014, 09:08 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by hhoutdoors
What days were you hunting?
I'm sorry, I overlooked the gun season part. It also didn't help that the weather was pretty bad and we had such high winds during first gun season.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:15 AM
Spike

We are down to one farm for the year. Only 6 spots available. Don't miss out on your chance to hunt Pike County this year!