Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunts/Outfitters
 Recommended Outfitter >

Recommended Outfitter

Community
Hunts/Outfitters Find your next hunt or outfitter here. Outfitters and Commercial hunts are welcome.

Recommended Outfitter

Old 01-16-2008, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Recommended Outfitter

Hello all. My family and I are thinking of booking a whitetail hunt in 2009. Just wondering if you guys have had any experience and have any outfitters or lodges that you prefer. We live in Western Va. and are thinking maybe Kentucky or Ohio. Hopefully Kentucky to avoid the drive through West Virginia. However, this early in the game we are open to anything. I am personally going to do some research to see what I can find, starting with the outfitters link here on huntingnet. Anywho, just wanted to get your guys opinions.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:00 PM
MNR
Spike

Default RE: Recommended Outfitter

i offer a good hunt at a good price http://rasmussenhuntingconsultants.tripod.com/nyonalakeoutfitters Ph. 765-469-0109
Old 01-16-2008, 06:49 PM
Super Moderator

I can recommend Mr. Ron Thompson at www.bird-n-buck.com . I have been going there the last 2 years and have seen some great bucks. He has over 200,000 acres of private land in the NW Oklahoma area. The site is a few years out of date but the prices are the same. 1500 for 5 day semi-guided rifle and muzzle loader seasons and 3000 for fully guided. 1250 for the whole bow season semi-guided, the season is Oct1 - Jan 15. Here is the buck I took during muzzle loader season this year. If you give him a shout tell him Kelly sent ya and he'll treat you right. Or if you have any questions let me know.

Kelly

Old 01-16-2008, 09:33 PM

Kansas Whitetail Hunts!

Give Billy a call at: www.deepsouthoutfitter.com
Old 01-17-2008, 09:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Take a look at this link. It has all of the many whitetail hunts we offer.

http://www.sportsmansjunction.com/
Old 01-18-2008, 04:20 AM
Spike

Hello! I am an outfitter from Western Ky. We get $1200 for a three day hunt this includes everything except your meals. I would be glad to send you a packet with pictures and referrences. Are you wanting to gun hunt or bow hunt?
Thanks,
Loman
[email protected]
Old 01-18-2008, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Kelly, thanks for the info. Just curious though, what happened to your bucks forehead. Awesome buck by the way.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Coalfield:

Right now we're still early in the process and decision making, so I'm not sure which hunt we'd be going for. But i'd certainly appreciate it if you could personal message me some contact info cause i would love to receive a packet from you. Thanks in advance!
Old 01-19-2008, 04:52 AM
Spike

Hello Rockinchair! I'll send a packet out. Please send me your an E-mail with your adress. If you have any questions feel free to call me.
Home (270)676-9999
Cell (270)452-9265
E-Mail [email protected]
Thanks
Loman
Old 01-19-2008, 04:54 PM
Super Moderator

That would be where I shot him. He was only 30 yards out and I was on the ground in the middle of a wheat field with him feeding directly at me. I normally would not take a head shot but I was very comfortable since he was so close. By the way I was lucky since the shot did not crack the skull plate.

If you end up going with Ron or coming to N Oklahoma in general I would recommend coming during the last week of Muzzle loader or the first week of rifle. That should put you right in the middle of the Rut. Most outfitters are booked the first week of rifle though.

Good Luck

Kelly