Hunts/Outfitter Reviews Went on a great hunt or had a good outfitter? - Write a Review of your experience!

Beware!!!

Old 02-02-2014, 10:55 AM
Spike

Angry Beware!!!

Attention all waterfowl hunter!
Let me explain to all, I just returned from the most pathetic waterfowl hunt that I have been on in 40 yrs. I booked a hunt off a reference from a friend of mine that hunted with Asssateague Outfitters about 6 or7 years ago. I talked to the same person that they said was there guide, who promised great things. What I got was someone else meeting me in a parking lot, insisting payment in cash before the hunt who took our group and another group out to a pull off on the causway and walking us out to unbrushed blinds in a public marsh. Several hours later I called the cell phone number after seeing only three ducks and ask to be moved or my money back. What I got was more lies, after being checked by the local game wardens and explaining my displeasure the wardens told me that there was very little waterfowl activity in the area and I had been taken! I have made numerous attempts to contact the outfitter with no avail. AVOID ASSATEAGUE
OUTFITTERS !!!!!
Old 02-02-2014, 12:20 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Thread moved to appropriate forum
JW Moderator
Old 02-02-2014, 02:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Cry me a river, LOL! Another first time poster that talked to one person that hunted an area 6 or 7 years ago and he got taken to the cleaners. He obviously didn't do any followup on what is happening in that area now or talk to anyone who hunted there in the last year or two to see what he was getting into. Now he's probably going to post his complaint on every hunting website he can find because he didn't use due diligence and lost his money!
Old 02-02-2014, 03:06 PM
Spike

Really Topgun? You sound like you are in the same class as the outfitter mentioned, everyone that pays a guide deserves the respect of being treated properly. I have hunted in 23 states across the US and Canada, taking 54 of the 66North American waterfowl. I also guide in Arkansas and have never mislead or took advantage of my clients. But since you evidently know everything about the entire industry I will refer everyone on all the other sites that I frequent to you. You must have ESP.
Old 02-02-2014, 04:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by southernstud
Really Topgun? You sound like you are in the same class as the outfitter mentioned, everyone that pays a guide deserves the respect of being treated properly. I have hunted in 23 states across the US and Canada, taking 54 of the 66North American waterfowl. I also guide in Arkansas and have never mislead or took advantage of my clients. But since you evidently know everything about the entire industry I will refer everyone on all the other sites that I frequent to you. You must have ESP.
***Nope, don't have ESP, but I do have enough smarts to know how to cut down on my chances of something happening like happened you, LOL! You don't talk to one person who hunted 6-7 years ago and not do any more legwork than you did without taking a big chance that you're going to get screwed. I really could give a rip how many states you've hunted and how many birdies you've taken, LOL! If you're a guide, it's even worse since you should know not to trust someone you don't know, take it for granted they're on the up and up, and pay them without looking into the operation. It would also seem that if you're such a great bird hunter you would have known the area certain birds inhabit at certain times of the year. You sound just like every other first poster who comes on this website crying and we find out you didn't use due diligence before you wasted your money! Sorry, but that's what you did whether you'll admit it or not!
Old 05-16-2014, 07:06 PM
Spike

If an outfitter/guide asked for money upfront you might as well close your wallet and walk away because they either know you are going to fail or not see any animals theres a lot of people like that out there. Lesson learned for you huh
Old 05-17-2014, 02:19 PM
Fork Horn

Default Amen to that

Originally Posted by BowGuide23
If an outfitter/guide asked for money upfront you might as well close your wallet and walk away because they either know you are going to fail or not see any animals theres a lot of people like that out there. Lesson learned for you huh
Amen , X2. Never had a guide ask for all the cash first. Red Flag's. Even good outfitters I've used , I research them.
Old 05-17-2014, 10:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by southernstud
I have hunted in 23 states across the US and Canada, taking 54 of the 66North American waterfowl.
and you were still taken , thanks for the outfitter info though
Old 10-22-2014, 08:07 AM
Fork Horn

Maybe in the Duck world you don't pay first, but in the world of elk outfitting you always pay for your hunt up front. I know of no elk outfitter that doesn't require payment in full prior to your hunt. We have a 1000.00 dollar deposit and we used to require balance by certified funds when your arrived on your hunt. We switched that over to complete balance paid by August 15th. Why? We would have hunters cancel a week before their hunt, a day before their hunt, and on two occasions we went to the airport to pick up hunters, only to find they never even got on the plane. After years of this, we changed our policy. We cannot book a replacement hunt under those conditions, we are just out that spot, and a severe loss of income. Hunting has seasons, and only so many hunts that can be booked, if you lose bookings, you are out for the year. At least now, with our August 15th deadline, we can book if somebody cancels, or have a chance to book. This keeps our cost down, and the hunters cost down for the next year.
Old 10-24-2014, 11:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

To get into a situation like this is your own fault. Especially as a guide you should know that animals patterns change. And waterfowl can be here one day and gone the next. Sorry but you didn't do your homework and have no one but yourself to blame.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.