Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunting Gear
1 oil that does it all >

1 oil that does it all

Hunting Gear Looking for a new treestand or a good set of binoculars? You've come to the right place.

1 oil that does it all

Old 11-13-2016, 04:38 AM
Spike

Default 1 oil that does it all

looking for an oil or lubricant that i can use to clean the whole weapon even the bore - what do you guy`s use ???
Old 11-13-2016, 05:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

Lubricants,(oil, natural or synthetic) serve one purpose boar cleaners to remove lead and plastic and powder fouling serve another. In my opinion you need both a lubricant and a cleaner. I use good old Hopes for normal bore cleaning and G96 to wipe the gun down and just a touch of Break Free clp on moving parts. I don't believe a one size fits all cleaner/lubricant exists since they are intended to do different jobs. While we are on the subject, don't drown your guns in lubricant, the less the better.
Old 11-13-2016, 03:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'm with Oldtimr. I use Hoppe's Elite as my cleaner and follow that up with Montana Xtreme Cowboy Blend and Bore Conditioner.
Old 11-13-2016, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like Break Free clp , too, But I Only use AFTER I clean the bore, not as a cleaner, and that's due to copper build up and other things, a GOOD bore cleaner is, just that a GOOD bore cleaner, and OIL, preventive rust and basic oil needs, are a second product, IMO

NO reason in today's world to ONLY have.use one product,
as they when you TRY to have a ONE DOES IT ALL< it never excels at any job, leaving room for better .
so why not use a better bore cleaner and then a BETTER oil else where, and have the best of both worlds? a small bottle last a pretty long time unless you shoot and clean a LOT! and if you can afford all the ammo, you can surely afford the good cleaning products of each need ?
Old 11-14-2016, 02:06 PM
Fork Horn

Kroil! Been using it for years, never had any trouble with copper or lead fouling.