Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Bushnell Trophy Bino's??

Old 09-19-2002, 07:34 AM

Default Bushnell Trophy Bino's??

I'm looking at buying some quality Optics for hunting this year. I've been looking at the Bushnell Trophy 10x42 I went and tried them out at a local shop and I must say I like them alot. But does anyone have any expereince with them, how are they in low light conditions? I also Looked at the Bausch and Lomb Legacy 10x50's and these Bino's seems much clearer, and they let in more light...But they are not 100% waterproof and bigger than the Bushnell's, and the trophy series just seem more adapted to being in the feild.

Any suggestions, or personal exp with either of these Bino's would be helpfull.

Another Question, I notice lately that alot of hunters choose the 42mm Obj lens as opposed to 50mm, is there another reason other than weight and size?
Old 09-21-2002, 01:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bushnell Trophy Bino's??

I use pentax for Bino optics, I have a pair of 12x50 which I use for spotting, scouting and stalking. However I prefer my Pentax 8x42's to tote all day. Main reason, weight and size. The main reason I went with Pentax, good quality, waterproof, clear, price range, value and Customer Service. You see I had a pair of Nikons before...great to look through, however I had some problems when I fired them back to Nikon, they said it was abuse and not product failure or workmanship. I did nothing to them. My buddy had a pair of 8x42's that he dropped 3 times in one season, pentax fixed them twice and then just gave him a new pair on the final time and they did it in a right hurry to boot.....SOLD on Pentax. I was lucky enough to trade them in at the store I bought my first set of Pentax and he dealt with Nikon...I guess. My 12 x 50's slipped off the dash of my truck when I made an abrupt turn, having them slam onto the floor...picked them up and notta thing wrong. However this is just my opinion, no experience with either you mentioned.

Old 09-24-2002, 05:40 PM

Well I got a set of Bushnell Legend 10x26, they are smaller than I was thinking, but got a sweet deal off ebay. I'll use these for walking and toting all day and get a bigger set for spotting. Either 10x42's or 10x50 12x50's But I may wait for next season now.
Old 09-26-2002, 10:25 PM
Fork Horn

moosecaller - I have a pair of the 10x42 Bushnell Trophy binos. For the money they are a good glass. They are not as sharp or bright as the Pentax DCF WP, but they also cost a couple of hundred dollars less. They are comparable in clarity and light gathering to Nikon Monarch and other $200-$300 binoculars. They have good ergonomics and are completely waterproof. Mine are only a year old, so I can't comment on long term reliability.

"If you can't change your circumstances then you need to change your perspective."