Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

deer blind plans?

Old 07-18-2004, 08:57 PM

Default deer blind plans?

What is a good website for deer blind plans?
Old 07-19-2004, 08:28 AM

Default RE: deer blind plans?

Stephen,

I have made some blinds by hand and I have purchased some, as well as built tree stands.

www.sportsmansguide.com

The Sportsman Guide has some nice Aeristep blinds. They have a nice portable Ultra-light, Trophyhouse blind only $29.97.

But if you are still intent on building one, I would find within an area you will hunt, a few trees, that you can use to attach camo netting. Than I place my seat within, and cut out a few shooting holes in the direction I will be facing. Nail the camo to the trees before hand. Only use nails in on Private protery and not game lands. Make a door in the rear. If on game lands, I would use the portable bilnd.

Build it during the summer and clear shooting lanes. Stay out of it but vistit it a few weeks before opening season,. Sometimes, the wind may damage the camo, so re nail it.

T