Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Sako Rifles?

Old 01-26-2004, 08:25 PM

Default Sako Rifles?

Anyone own a Sako? I'm looking at a synthetic stainless. I hear a lot of good things about Sako, but don't know anyone who actually owns one. I would like to get input from a Sako owner.
Old 01-27-2004, 11:15 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Sako Rifles?

I have 40 years old Sako Forester and if they make today as good as they made then it is good choice. I got it from my grandad who hunt with it 86 mooses + other smaler animals. When I got it he hadn't touch the sckope like 30 years and it still shot only 5 cm / left and 0,5 MRad. I also have .222 sako from '80 it is also good rifle but because of caliber I dont like it I prefer .308.
Old 01-27-2004, 11:54 AM

I have a Sako 75 synthetic stainless in 30-06. This is my favorite rifle. So far it likes everything except Federal Premium Trophy Bonded Bearclaws. For everthing else I get little clover-leafs at 100 yards, from the bench rest of course.

Very smooth action, comfortable stock, palm swell, convenient safety, decent weight, heavy enough to help you keep it steady. The optional Opti-Lock mounting bases and rings make scope installation a breeze.

A bit more expensive, but worth it.
Old 02-06-2004, 09:55 PM
Fork Horn

My Favorite rifle by far...I owned a gun shop and had my choice but finding a Sako Deluxe was the ultimate..they are great shooters. Palm swells and cant of the stock makes them fit perfect..thats half the battle with any weapon
Old 02-08-2004, 08:01 AM

TRY LOOKIN INTO WEATHERBY MKV ABOUT SAME PRICE AND MADE IN GOOD OL USA keeping our hard earned money home whare more needs to stay keeping American workers in jobs just a thought
Old 02-10-2004, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Sako Hunter in.308 Fantastic gun.In comparison I bought my son a Rem.700 bdl and had to do alot of sandin to the valley of the stock to get the barrel free floatin.
Old 02-10-2004, 08:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

have a Sako Hunter in.308 Fantastic gun.In comparison I bought my son a Rem.700 bdl and had to do alot of sandin to the valley of the stock to get the barrel free floatin.
HELLO it costs twice as much the barrel channel should be better finished. Who says that free floating is the answer anyway? Remingtons work best with a pressure point on the barrel in most cases...

Bought a new Fiberclass SAko in 1985 30-06 bedded in a Mcmillan stock. Nicely made weapon and everything operated smoothly It was a very average shooting gun as I recall. My friends Remingtons and Rugers,Winchesters easily outshooting it and it was sort of a bit on the heavy side...Rings were a pain and expensive besides the overall cost of the rifle. Got rid of it and didn't regret it. Prior to the intro of the 75 Sako purchased a m-591 wood stock in 308 ... beautifully made nice stock like others have mentioned but gun was a very average shooter AGAIN... Handloads Factory loads average groups just as good as what you'll get from a Remington or Ruger or whatever...basically your paying for a beautifully machined action and not much more. This is another case of people getting caught up in this European superiority thing. If you adjust the trigger on a Remington, Ruger, Winchester,SAvage it will shoot just as well as any Sako just the reciever wont' be as pretty. Spend the money you save on quality optics and buy American. They will not get my money anymore...
Old 02-10-2004, 04:58 PM

Thanks for the advice everyone. I ended up getting a great deal on a Remington Sendero 300 ultra mag. I just didn't have enough experience with a Sako to feel comfortable purchasing one.
Old 02-11-2004, 12:22 AM

Congrats on your purchase. We all have our favorites, finding what fits you best is the real answer. Be sure to let us know how your Sendero shoots.
Old 02-11-2004, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Should have gone with the Sako. Everything about it is better.

Quick Reply: Sako Rifles?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.