Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Problems with Stealth Cam

Old 11-18-2003, 10:30 AM

Default Problems with Stealth Cam

I bought a Stealth Cam last year. Since then I have used about 50 rolls of film and have only got two pictures of deer. Both deer were only the back end of the deer. The pic was too late. I have tried every combo of delay and amount of pics and I get the same thing.

I mostly get pics of nothing.

Can someone give me advice on whether Stealth will adjust the sensitivity or look at it or should I just throw it in the trash?
Old 11-18-2003, 11:37 AM

Default RE: Problems with Stealth Cam

I have a Stealth cam and have got great pics. How close are you to the trail? If you are too far away the animal will be out of the frame. I haven' t had any problems with mine.
Old 11-18-2003, 03:20 PM

Well, I have tried different ways. First I found out that it is sensitive enough to catch my feeder going off at 15 yards. I have some pretty pics of the corn flying in the air.....so I don' t point it to the feeder....

I have put it 5 feet off of the trail and up to 20 yards......same thing.....no deer...no animal nothing but trees....

I was thinking that if the wind blows...it might be setting it off by tree movement....Give me some advice
Old 11-19-2003, 03:28 PM

Stone Cold

I have mine about 3 ft off the ground, have taken 5 rolls of pictures and they are all great. Make sure you are using the test mode to check when your camera activates. Test for movement in all directions.
Good Luck
Old 11-19-2003, 09:12 PM

Take some camo or electrical tape and place it on each side of the sensor' s fresnel lens. This will narrow down the range and the animal will be more centered and not out of the cameras view.
Old 11-20-2003, 05:29 PM
Spike

Also make sure that you don' t have it pointed East or West cuz the heat from the sun can set it off.
Old 12-17-2003, 05:36 PM
Fork Horn

movement is not what triggers the unit, it is the heat of the animal. as for problems I have never used the stealth cam but it is possible there is a problem. go to your search and type in jesses hunting page you will find a section devoted to all game cameras reviews from owners (good and bad about all brands) and hints on there use. good luck. one thing to avoid is cedars they hod heat and then when the wind blows it can trigger the unit.