Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Good tree stand umbrella?

Old 07-30-2017, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Good tree stand umbrella?

Last spring on a Canadian bear hunt, my buddy had a new tree stand umbrella along. I did not. It rained, as it does on Canadian bear hunts. He stayed dry. I got wet. I want one so that it doesn't happen again. What's a good one?
Old 07-30-2017, 01:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

Just check out Cabelas or the Sportsman's Guide. I have the one from Cabelas and it works ok, bit I am thinking about buying the rectangular one from Sportsman's Guide.
Old 07-30-2017, 04:08 PM
Fork Horn

I got one that doubles as a blind. I've never used it as a blind and have used it nanny times in a tree. I've stayed dry while others got wet. The side that faces the tree is a straight line and doesn't go back much so my back pack got soaked lol I just moved it next time I hunted in the rain . I doesn't take up much room so I leave it in my pack
Old 07-31-2017, 12:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BRUSE
I got one that doubles as a blind. I've never used it as a blind and have used it nanny times in a tree. I've stayed dry while others got wet. The side that faces the tree is a straight line and doesn't go back much so my back pack got soaked lol I just moved it next time I hunted in the rain . I doesn't take up much room so I leave it in my pack
What's the brand on that one?
Old 07-31-2017, 06:19 AM
Spike

I but he ones from Sportsman's Guide. They will keep you dry unless there's a lot of wind. They are not the most durable.