Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Opinions about buying camo...

Old 04-01-2017, 06:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Again I say, your money, go for it! Just saying, its NOT a necessary requirement! ...Deleted by CalHunter... Enough time and energy spent on the simple subject of camo!

Last edited by CalHunter; 04-02-2017 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Rules 2, 8 & 12--Warning.
Old 04-01-2017, 09:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

How could a simple post such as the op made turn into a skunk spraying contest! Good grief!
Old 04-02-2017, 05:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

It is IMO all kind of a pig in a poke. Camo effectiveness often depends on the dyes used. Game sees it differently than you do.

I guess if you could put it under UV light before purchase that might help some.

Waterproof is nice, but I've yet to find any that didn't trap heat to some degree.

I once bought a top of the line, middle insulated, camo, waterproof coverall. After trying it on, I thought all was good. The first time I took it to the woods and was was someplace really quiet, I figured out my coveralls squeaked when I walked (crap). The squeak was almost undetectable by me, Deer and Hogs hear a lot better than I do. Those coveralls have been collecting dust for most of twenty years. I sometimes wear them fishing.
Old 04-02-2017, 06:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
How could a simple post such as the op made turn into a skunk spraying contest! Good grief!
My apologies to all! I don't usually get carried away like that!
Old 04-02-2017, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator

Apology accepted. post edited. To regain some perspective, the OP did ask for member's to post "their" opinions on the subject. Obviously each of us can have different opinions, experiences, parts of the country where we hunt with different terrain/cover and thoughts on the subject. It's pretty smart of the OP to ask for opinions as there is a wide mixture of age, experience, learning curve and opinions on the subject. In essence, the OP got a mini-course on camo which should help her in making decisions on what to buy or not buy. It's part of what makes this forum so invaluable.
Old 04-02-2017, 05:46 PM
Spike

Yeah, same here. Sorry, I usually don't let things bother me either.
Old 04-02-2017, 06:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Very nice guys !!!

Super Hunt is watching us all from above now ...........................
Old 04-04-2017, 05:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Don't worry much about camo

especially when I'm wearing blaze orange.
Old 04-04-2017, 07:39 AM
Super Moderator

But then the deer know you're worried about getting shot and they don't want to stand next to you.
Old 04-06-2017, 02:33 PM
Typical Buck

I,ll never own Digital or that Krytick crap in any shape or form.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.