Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

New boots

Old 02-15-2017, 09:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have some Irish Setter Elk Trackers in Kangaroo leather that are very comfy and fairly light for a mountain boot.

I'm going to get a pair of Westley Richards Courtney boots next to try out.
Old 02-24-2017, 08:48 PM
Spike

Salomon boots are awesome. If you look at Cabela's bargain cave, you might snag a great deal like I did. Sierra Trading Post is also a good place to look.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default I should apologize

I should have known better. Of course, I should have known that military boots aren't fit for all people. I'm just lucky that I can wear military boots at my age. They're usually worn by younger people in their 20's and 30's. A lot of hunters are over that age and have suffered various injuries to their feet. I once had plantar fasciitis, a heel injury. Luckily mine wasn't too serious. Some military are collecting disabilities for foot injuries.
Again people don't wear $400 and $500 boots for nothing. Older age and injuries have taken a toll on some. It's for some, not just wearing an expensive boot. Nothing wrong with a 40 and 50 year olds wanting to hunt. Nothing wrong with that at all.
Old 03-23-2017, 12:16 PM
Spike

You might want to take a look at these Irish Setter VaprTrek boots that the sell at Bass Pro. Waterproof, lightweight, some insulation. Sounds like they are in the class you are looking for. I went to these when my Danner Pronghorns proved to be too much boot for some of my outings.

http://www.basspro.com/Irish-Setter-...4011108514614/

Last edited by paveglass; 03-23-2017 at 12:20 PM.