Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Every hunter needs this app

Old 08-12-2016, 08:52 AM
Spike

Default Every hunter needs this app

Hello,
I found an app that everyone needs to have. Every year you read about things happening to people out hunting, and they how limited cell phone signal, and bad things happen. There is an app in the iOS app store called iDistress. In settings you set up two numbers (I put my wife and my brother in) and if your in danger, you open that app, and with two taps you send your exact coordinates for help. What makes this great is it works in low cell power locations. Why try explaining where your deer blind is when you can send it with two taps. The app can be found here

Good luck hunting and stay safe!
Old 08-30-2016, 04:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

what's it called?
Old 08-30-2016, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

iDistress Emergency Defense
Old 08-30-2016, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Little bit of horse pucky here. It doesn't suddenly turn your cell phone into a sat phone. No app can make your cell phone suddenly have better signal. Having an actual emergency GPS locator is a much better option. You can always set up your phone without some app to show GPS location to 911. And 911 is who you call in case of emergency, not texting your location to your wife or buddy. With an emergency GPS locator, you take it out, hit a button, and it transmits your location to emergency personnel as well as transmitting a location radio beacon.