Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Negative aspect of Browning Trail Cameras >

Negative aspect of Browning Trail Cameras

Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Negative aspect of Browning Trail Cameras

Old 07-22-2016, 04:30 AM
Spike

Default Negative aspect of Browning Trail Cameras

I find that although "good" trail cameras in most respects, the Browning models have one negative aspect, i.e. that it is very difficult to find (other than buying them at 4X the market price from Browning) SD cards that are compatible with their trail cameras.

It seems that in order to get the best video recording results from their cameras, you have to find class 6 (which are pretty much obsolete) or class 10 cards BUT they have to have extremely SLOW by today's standards mega bytes per second transfer rates.

It took me almost a whole day to find a 32gb card that had this rare combination of class 10 and approx. 20 mb/s transfer rate. Finally, found a Verbatim card thru Pricewatch.com that had this combination. Most of the SD cards being manufactured today have transfer rates of 80 mb/s or even higher. I know that the faster cards will not work because I purchased a Sandisk with 48 mb/s transfer rate last year and it would not work. It was not that the card was defective or anything because when I put it in my little $19 Vivitar digital photo camera it worked fine.

My point in all this is that Browning needs to redesign their trail cameras so that they can use SD cards which are more in line with today's standards for class and transfer parameters of SD cards.

Thanks for listening to my vent.

Last edited by wpshooter; 07-22-2016 at 04:34 AM.
Old 07-22-2016, 06:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

No problem with venting, but I have a question. Have you emailed or written Browning with what you have told us because we can't do a darn thing to help, but the company that makes them may have an answer?!
Old 07-22-2016, 08:15 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
No problem with venting, but I have a question. Have you emailed or written Browning with what you have told us because we can't do a darn thing to help, but the company that makes them may have an answer?!
Yes, I have.

Their only answer was to buy the card from them at 4X the going market price for cards.

Thanks.

Last edited by wpshooter; 07-22-2016 at 08:18 AM.