Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Yet another question about boots >

Yet another question about boots

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Yet another question about boots

Old 07-01-2016, 03:29 AM
Spike

Question Yet another question about boots

Looking for some suggestions for a good pair of field/work boots.

I own a 22 acre parcel of land that includes a creek bottom and steep hillside. The creek bottom can be very boggy plus I have to contend with a beaver dam so I can be ankle deep in muck. The hillside is almost a 45 degree slope. If I want to work on the hillside I have to carry my work boots and change after crossing the creek bottom in rubber calve boots.

Is there a good pair of that are waterproof and provide excellent support (and maybe breathable)? Don't need to be insulated. I have a good pair of waterproof hunting boots but I'd roast in them during the summer.

Thanks!
Old 07-01-2016, 04:04 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Have you looked at Muck boots.
Old 07-01-2016, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

anything leather IMO will be waterproof ONLY to a point, as they wear they tend to leak if you never do anything to make them last longer
I have owned and have many brands
Danners for yrs were rock solid but quality doesn't seem the same any more
as say with SO many other brands
cleansing and treating them often and using a PEET Boot dryer seems to make them all last longer and work better
Meindl has some nice lighter weight boots
I have a pair of there lighter weight NON insulated one's for warm weather like stuff, and a few pair of there insulated boots , all have been great for comfort and have been waterproof pretty good so far, NOT cheap, but they fit my feet like a glove NO break in needed at all for me
But typicaly boots are the game of you get what you pay for
and HOW you treat them makes a HUGE difference on IF they last or not

these are what I have, NO issue's recommending them

if you want a more WORK like boots and can swallow the price tag, the Danner SUPER RAIN FOREST, have and maybe are the toughest work boots I have owned to date and I tried a LOT of them over the yrs, I have twp pair now, that are both about 6-8 yrs old, still waterproof too, but they tend to NOT see water often!
I also have the standard rain forest with the 200 or 400 gram insulation, good boot too, but NOT as durable , not even close
I have a small fortune in boot, be embarrassed if I ever did the math on what I have spent on them trying to find the best/better one's
but these two below I have NO issue's recommending!! if the price doesn't scare you that is?

http://www.cabelas.com/product/home/...F112293180.uts

http://www.danner.com/super-rain-forest-8-black.html
Old 07-12-2016, 03:53 PM
Spike

I 2nd on Muck boots. We always keep a pair in the truck. We hunt in almost every weather types and they haven't failed us yet.