Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Which arc'teryx rain coat is this? >

Which arc'teryx rain coat is this?

Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Which arc'teryx rain coat is this?

Old 04-23-2016, 12:46 PM
Spike

Default Which arc'teryx rain coat is this?

Hey!

Swedish fellow hunter here with a great love of the outdoors and hunting, fishing, kayaking etc. I salute you, sporting brothers across the pond!

I'm establishing a more complete wardrobe for next season and am in dire need of a top notch rain coat. I've had many different makers promising this and that level of water resistance and silence in their jackets in ordinary hunting lines but have never really felt completely satisfied. So again, this time around I'm simply looking for a really good, rugged, durable rain coat which will serve as exactly that. Don't care if it's noisey or non-camo as long as it's in a mellow color.

Noticed fellow hunter Donnie Vincent wearing a grey arc'teryx rain coat in this teaser for his BC adventure: https://vimeo.com/137149141

Anyone know what that particular jacket is called? Figured him wearing it on one of his gnarly trips to BC is pretty promising.

Any help on clarifying what jacket this is, as well as any tips regarding stellar rain coats is greatly appreciated!

/JS
Old 04-23-2016, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

just a guess may be a frog togg's
Old 04-23-2016, 02:35 PM
Spike

Thanks for your reply! Actually I'm sure that particular coat is an arc'teryx one so still wondering about the name but thanks anyway, didn't know of frog togg's before and checking it out right now.
Old 04-23-2016, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jstrandbo
Thanks for your reply! Actually I'm sure that particular coat is an arc'teryx one so still wondering about the name but thanks anyway, didn't know of frog togg's before and checking it out right now.
sure no problem it just looks like a frog togg design so i just a shot in the dark !
Old 04-24-2016, 03:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Sounds expensive to me

I just have a couple of waterproof coats and jackets that I keep waterproofing myself.

Do my spring cleaning with a good washing, dry, and then spray the jacket or coat, outside, with heavy duty silicone, a multi use lubricant from an auto store.
Most people I can't just help. Their stuff keeps leaking.