Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Beagle Wear wool clothing?

Old 10-17-2003, 08:10 PM
Typical Buck

Default Beagle Wear wool clothing?

I' m thinking of getting Beagle Wear wool clothing for hunting in NH and VT this season. Just wondering if anyone owns this brand of hunting clothes and if they' re worth the $460 price tag? I' d be getting the Beniot tracker coat and pants that you see them wearing in their videos.
Old 10-20-2003, 02:25 AM

Default RE: Beagle Wear wool clothing?

Good to see another Benoit fan on board!

I don' t own the Beagle Wear myself, but I have heard very good things about it. Next time I' m in the market for some new hunting clothes I think I just might give it a try. They are a bit pricey, but from what I' ve heard they are worth it. Supposedly very waterproof.
Old 10-20-2003, 10:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Beagle Wear wool clothing?

Hard not to like Larry Benoit and have been a big fan since I read his first book. In that book he mentions Johnson Mills jackets as a preference. I own one and am pleased with it although it is not 100% wool and not the primary jacket I would use on a hunt, just a good layering type jacket. I looked at the Beagle Website and these seem to be very similiar to the Johnson products and extremely high priced for the quality you are receiving with prices comparable to Filson which is 100 % virgin wool . Filson is overpriced also don' t get me wrong but it is solid well made clothing. I prefer 100% Wool to this blend stuff any day of the week..it keeps you warmer is one good reason. Not real crazy about teflon coating wool either.