Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Need help please people!!!

Old 12-21-2014, 06:29 PM
Spike

Default Need help please people!!!

Hi guys,

I've just been drawn for the Australian equivalent of a sheep tag in the US, I was drawn for first period hog deer tags next year! The guy that gave me the good news has been in for 25 consecutive years without success.
To hunt them I need a tree stand, my period is in Feb so I don't have heaps of time to get everything ready. Can anyone make a recommendation on some value for money stands, I can't afford an expensive one, just need something that'll hold my weight around 190lb for 8 hours a day over the week.

Thanks in advance,

Jack
Old 12-22-2014, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you are going to be in an area that has trees that a "Climber" will be adequate, there are several that are good choices. All will run about $250 US +/-. Summit, API and Ol' Man are all good ones. If you are going to be needing a more versitle type tree stand, look at a "hang-on" type and if legal to do so, use screw in steps. This will give you as wide an option as I know of. If you can go in and set up before you hunt, then a good "stick ladder" for the "hang-on" would be my preference.
Old 12-22-2014, 11:10 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Mojotex
If you are going to be in an area that has trees that a "Climber" will be adequate, there are several that are good choices. All will run about $250 US +/-. Summit, API and Ol' Man are all good ones. If you are going to be needing a more versitle type tree stand, look at a "hang-on" type and if legal to do so, use screw in steps. This will give you as wide an option as I know of. If you can go in and set up before you hunt, then a good "stick ladder" for the "hang-on" would be my preference.
Thank you for the advice, I definitely need something versatile as we don't have many straight unbranched trees here in Aus! we dont have any laws or restrictions against stands here so we're pretty well free to do as we need. Thank you for the advice.

Jack
Old 12-22-2014, 06:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Gain some elevation.................and work the area with your binos !
Old 03-30-2015, 04:22 AM
Banned

Yeah, you need something versatile. Don't look at expensive options only.