Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Warmest clothes?

Old 11-06-2014, 01:05 PM
Spike

Default Warmest clothes?

Can you guys recommend clothes that are very warm and comfortable even when sitting still for long periods?

I'm looking for clothes that can go down to 40^F. Most cold weather clothes assume you're being active, but I'll be sitting for long periods.

I've considered getting a Selk bag (a wearable sleeping bag suit), but it's too loose for my tastes, and I'd prefer pants and top be separate.

I'm not convinced that heavyduty longunderwear like this would be enough since I'll be sitting still for long periods.

I'm not looking for waterproof clothes because I don't need waterproofing, and I think it makes the clothes less comfortable.

Thanks for any advice!

Last edited by JackWard; 11-06-2014 at 01:08 PM.
Old 11-07-2014, 03:46 AM
Fork Horn

I have the scentblocker rain proof insulated bibs and jacket.. Very warm.. And water proof.
Old 11-07-2014, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have Nomex coveralls and a set of boots, both rated to minus 100 celsius. If it's that cold out. you can bet that I'm staying in. They perform great in the minus 50's 60's, and at the -40's you have to leave the legs partially unzipped and the top open a chunk or you wil cook. Totally love the one piece woolies in the longjohn department.
Old 11-07-2014, 05:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

I like these under.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabel...3Bcat153421380

An this over top if necessary.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabel...h-All+Products
Old 11-25-2014, 10:38 AM
Fork Horn

I've tried a lot of different stuff but I do like wearing Minus33 heavy weight base with fleece as the next layer then the the big dog coveralls from Cabelas which are heavy and windproof. I usually camp out and hunt most of the day in one of my favorite spots (gun and bow. I have found the Body Heater Suit works ok, but I just started using the base of Minus 33 and the fleece and that really makes a big difference. Got the Minus33 stuff from Amazon and I had some fleece.
Old 11-29-2014, 04:04 AM
Fork Horn

I bought Key Brand camo bibs and coat last year from the local Farm and Fleet type store, and they keep me plenty warm. The only parts that get cold are my hands and feet
Old 11-29-2014, 06:18 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by redgreen
I have Nomex coveralls and a set of boots, both rated to minus 100 celsius. If it's that cold out. you can bet that I'm staying in. They perform great in the minus 50's 60's, and at the -40's you have to leave the legs partially unzipped and the top open a chunk or you wil cook. Totally love the one piece woolies in the longjohn department.
it's unfortunate that we pretty much have to wear this kind of stuff to sit in a blind for our whitetail rifle season hahaha
Old 12-03-2014, 11:27 AM
Spike

There's a new product called the Hunter's Apron that has a built-in neck gator, hand muffler and multiple pockets for hand warmers. You can see photos and videos here: www.huntersapron.com
Old 03-14-2015, 04:07 AM
Spike

hello, I can recommend to you warm clothing of new specialized technical hunting clothing company

Check it out here

Camo Line
http://oncahuntingwear.com/en/product-category/ibex-en/

Classic Line
http://oncahuntingwear.com/en/produc...ry/classic-en/
Old 03-15-2015, 03:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

First off dressing in layers is the best advice any one can really give you.

I start with two piece long under wear depends on what the days forecast for the high will be as to what weight. I like to start with silk then go to a medium weight for 30F give or take 10F either way. Light weight for any thing above that and heavy weight for any thing lower than that. I like the wicking type and two piece stuff.

Next is a pair of good heavy weight jeans like the Dutch trading post stuff, a flannel shirt for any thing 30F and up. insulated if colder than that. Next is a good set of bib pants I use the Walls Blizzard proof my self friends use under amour stuff. I put a hooded insulated sweat shirt over the bibs and a Walls blizzard proof coat above that some times a double Columba coat if it is going to get really cold.
On the feet are a good set of wicking wool blend socks and Lacrosse ice man boots. I wear A good set of Bates insulated leather gloves if it is bitter cold and a set of flease thinsulated glove other wise.

If I am going to walk far to the stand I just wear the first layer with the hooded sweat shirt and dress in the outer layer once at the blind.

I wear a double knit thinsulate stocking hat most times but also wear a double layer flease baklava set up if extra cold. it has a dicky set up so protects the neck real well and folds up so only the eyes show if you desire.

Columbia set up.

Blizzard proof set up.

Last edited by alleyyooper; 03-15-2015 at 03:59 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.