Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

cold feet

Old 04-21-2015, 12:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Click on the link in her signature, it is a link to Stafford sporting gooods and outdoor gear. Hence the ST inher screen name.
Old 04-21-2015, 03:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Click on the link in her signature, it is a link to Stafford sporting gooods and outdoor gear. Hence the ST inher screen name.
I think he/she got busted!!!
Old 04-26-2015, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

My hunting boots are one and 1/2 sizes larger and also wider then my normal shoe size. They are not insulated and do not have steel toes. I keep a couple pair of cheap insoles in them to take up the extra room in warm weather. In cold weather hunting I use the 82% wool socks(mentioned already) over the top of cotton socks. If it really gets cold, I use a pair of electric socks over the cotton socks. My feet sweat easily so I have to be careful with the electric socks and pull the batteries after my feet warm up. This is kind of a bummer, taking out the batteries and having to put them back in later, so I try not to use them. Insulated boots make my feet sweat too much.

I use a good set of mittens to keep the hands warm, I carry some cheap jersey gloves too in case I need fingers. I have never used the chemical hand warmers but they would work well in a mitten, I think. This is for north MO deer hunting, where it can get reasonably cold.