Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Muck Boot Company supports HSUS >

Muck Boot Company supports HSUS

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Muck Boot Company supports HSUS

Old 08-04-2014, 07:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default Muck Boot Company supports HSUS

Why would a company that sells to farmers and outdoorsmen support a borderline fraudulent organization with an openly anti-agriculture, anti-hunting, and anti-fishing agenda?

https://www.facebook.com/MuckBoot/ph...type=3&theater
Old 08-05-2014, 06:39 AM
Fork Horn

Default Muck's sucks

I don't like them anyway, I stick with Lacross, rockys. A buddy of mine had a pair, they didn't hold up very good.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:42 AM
Super Moderator

Their Facebook page is now "temporarily unavailable." Hmmmm.....
Old 08-05-2014, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

These guys have been following it, and at least they provide links.

http://agricultureproud.com/2014/08/...r-whatthemuck/
Old 08-05-2014, 04:22 PM
Fork Horn

Looks like they deleted the evidence.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Actually, it looks like you all are willing to jump to conclusions, as long as it means thinking the worst of someone and throwing rocks at anyone that doesn't agree with your perspective.

The post in question was made in error, Muck Boots did not make any donation to the HSUS, nor did its employees. One of their employees passed away, and in lieu of flowers, they requested that the good natured spending of their surviving coworkers would go towards a local foundation that supported cat rescue, NOT affiliated with the Humane Society of the United States.

It was a MISTAKE, invariably akin to a TYPO, that the recipient would be HSUS, and the implication that Muck Boots, as a company, was making the donation was incorrectly portrayed, as this donation was collected together from the coworkers charitable donations.

But by all means, jump on a bandwagon of misdirected and unjustified hatred...
Old 08-07-2014, 05:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
Actually, it looks like you all are willing to jump to conclusions, as long as it means thinking the worst of someone and throwing rocks at anyone that doesn't agree with your perspective.

The post in question was made in error, Muck Boots did not make any donation to the HSUS, nor did its employees. One of their employees passed away, and in lieu of flowers, they requested that the good natured spending of their surviving coworkers would go towards a local foundation that supported cat rescue, NOT affiliated with the Humane Society of the United States.

It was a MISTAKE, invariably akin to a TYPO, that the recipient would be HSUS, and the implication that Muck Boots, as a company, was making the donation was incorrectly portrayed, as this donation was collected together from the coworkers charitable donations.

But by all means, jump on a bandwagon of misdirected and unjustified hatred...
Yep, that's telling it like it is!!!
Old 08-07-2014, 07:28 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/off-...ml#post4152308

Here is the response I got from Muck when I e-mailed them. Took me just about as long to do that as it took to make this post.

I understand all too well how it feels to have someone falsely accuse me when it would have been easier to get the facts.
Old 08-12-2014, 06:26 PM
Fork Horn

http://agricultureproud.com/2014/08/...r-whatthemuck/

If you would pay attention to details, you'd see the statements Muck made are a bit inconsistent and that the timeline doesn't quite add up. Even if it was a big misunderstanding, it all reeks of dishonesty. Support them if you wish - that's your choice, but I still feel like they haven't been totally straightforward with us. This is a big deal because HSUS is one of hunting's biggest enemies and for a company that is largely supported by sportsmen to make a mistake like that is her concerning. Expecting a company to be honest and straightforward with its customer base is not what I call misdirected hatred. It's more like "due diligence." If more people did that, we wouldn't have so many corporations thinking thy can treat us all like were a bunch of uninformed idiots and that they can get away with whatever they please.

Last edited by cjclemens; 08-12-2014 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 08-12-2014, 10:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

own none yet and now never will

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.