Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Apps?

Old 01-28-2014, 01:50 PM
Spike

I have used certain apps. Mainly parcel apps (for landowner names. Works similar to the onXmaps chips. onXmaps even has the app now for android and iPhone. Most of my apps are for maps. Nothing to do with calls or anything and mainly used in preseason. Otherwise my cumulative effort in the preseason winds up as waypoints on my GPS. Here is a link to a post I wrote last year about how I use apps and google earth (also an app on the phones but im not a fan of the phone version) to scout what I can at home before leaving to see it in person.

http://starvingoutdoorsman.wordpress...-google-earth/

That being said, I still take and use good ol maps and compass if I plan to go very far.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:45 AM
Typical Buck

There are a lot of apps for hunting I suggest you go to google app store etc.
Not sure where you are but just in case Colorado does not allow any electronic aids for hunting such as electronic calls, but I'm sure map apps etc. are just fine, if hunting here I'd just check with dow regs. Good luck I hope you find what you need.

Last edited by RockyMtnGobblers; 03-18-2014 at 07:50 AM.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:58 AM
Spike

I don't use apps. hunting is to relax get away from all that stuff
Old 03-22-2014, 08:05 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by buck308
I don't use apps. hunting is to relax get away from all that stuff
couldn't agree with you more
Old 04-03-2014, 09:53 AM
Fork Horn

Does huntingnet.com have an app? should would make posting by phone easier.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:36 PM
Spike

Nah. they don't but i do agree with that that would be handy if you were in a waiting room or somthing but if i am really bored i just turn 3g on and go on the internet while i am in the car etc
Old 09-10-2015, 10:36 PM
Spike

Here's an app that was designed to help you hunt smarter - The Quiver Hunting App. It helps you track your hunts so that you can better understand the patterns between deer movement and weather in your area. It's free so check it out! https://itunes.apple.com/app/id982722720
Old 11-22-2015, 04:23 PM
Spike

The only app I use while I'm out is onX hunt. And I only use it when I'm out scouting to mark property lines rubs scrapes and where I hang my stands I even have the app on my girlfriends phone so if anything happens to me she'll know right where I am. I also find it handy for when your bow hunting and shoot a deer and need to give it time before you start tracking you can mark where you shot it at where you found the arrow and all the blood you find while tracking it so if you have to stop and return in the morning I find it handy and besides that I don't really use my phone while I'm out
Old 05-25-2018, 08:42 PM
Spike

Internet is a great tool for hunt planning. I have a few websites I use but I don't' use any apps.
Old 05-29-2018, 11:54 PM
Spike

With wild life be wild, Forget apps and start with natural instincts.