Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Homemade deer blind on trailer HELP >

Homemade deer blind on trailer HELP

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Homemade deer blind on trailer HELP

Old 08-22-2012, 07:35 AM
Spike

I have a 4X8 trailer I don't need anymore and it's in the way. I am thinking of making a blind out of it also. What I think I will be doing is using corrugated fiberglass panels for the roof & sides. Also, when finished, I will be attaching a couple of those duck hunting grass mats over the roof.
I'll be hunting alone, so room size is not important. Thinking of building a folding bed, that will fold either left or right. Be able to use it to sit on and fold it depending on which direction I'll be hunting at the time. If I box the bed in, I can use it for storage of a heater and turkey decoys. I found them to bring in the does much better than deer decoys.
Only thing I haven't figured out yet is what to use to steady the corners.
Where I hunt, I can set it up months in advance and only move it once a year.