Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Which Rubber hunting boots to buy?? >

Which Rubber hunting boots to buy??

Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Which Rubber hunting boots to buy??

Old 09-17-2011, 02:49 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Sheridan
Lacrosse, of course !
Same here.
Old 09-19-2011, 03:38 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Wingbone
I won't buy LaCrosse burleys any more. When my old American-made set finally wore out after 10 years, I bought a pair of Chinese-made Burleys. They ripped in less than a year. I bought another pair. They ripped in less than a year. I've got an old insulated, American-made pair that are 15 years old and still going strong. In my opinion, the imported rubber ones aren't worth the money.
I have the same opinion as Wingbone. I have 5 pair of lacrosse in different weights and vintages. All the old American made boots lasted for years and the average time it took the new Chineese made boots to crack were from 2 to 4 years. I was frustrated and decided to try Muck Woody Max. The last LaCrosse Alpha Burly I bought was about 100 bucks and the Muck was 150. i decided to try a pair and will never go with the laCrosse again. the Mucks are much more comfortable, way warmer and seem to last. They are so warm that I used them all winter for ice fishing and I go out every day. My old rubber ice fishing boots used to last no more than 2 years before cracking. I switched from LaCrosse to Cabelas 2000 gram rubber boots and they made it 14 months. This will be the 3rd year with the Mucks and they still look great and I have used them for all my late season deer hunting footware in addition to the ice fishing. I will add though that the Mucks would probably be too hot for the Southern climates. Our bow season comes before the snow flys and I use a lighter non leaking pair of Lacross for that.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 09-19-2011 at 03:41 AM.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:17 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by blazingarrow
I use mucks and they are amazing. Warm and durable. A little costly but worth it.

I was going to buy them until my buddy torn a hole in them the first time he used them while turkey hunting.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:13 AM
Spike

I am also in the market for some rubber boots, I had my eye on the Irish Setter Exo Flex 800 gram, just wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with them.
Old 09-24-2011, 05:46 AM
Spike

Im going to check on some rubber boots tomorrow any advise.
Old 09-26-2011, 05:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

I hate rubber boots, that was until my wife bought me a pair of mucks for my birthday. Wouldn't buy anything else, 3rd year in service chasing, elk, moose and deer not one hint of a problem or displeasure with them.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:09 AM
Spike

I have 4 pair of muck boots , best rubber boot i've ever owned.