Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
field and stream hunters blind >

field and stream hunters blind

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

field and stream hunters blind

Old 09-03-2011, 10:46 AM
Fork Horn

Default field and stream hunters blind

i bought this blind at dicks sporting goods. does any body know an easy way to set this up? i tried for like an hour nothing, i was losing it. directions not very informative. thanks for any input.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:56 PM
Spike

I am considering purchasing the Field & Stream Ultimate Hunting Blind. I imagine it is pretty similar to yours.

Any luck yet in getting it set up?

If so, what was the trick?

Thanks.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:06 PM
Fork Horn

no luck!! ended up returning it. i talked to a guy at dicks who worked there and has one of these. he said you need two people to set these blinds up. i am now looking at ameristep crossbones, mountaineer, and hunter specialties hide n hunt blind.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:16 PM
JW
Super Moderator

The trick to these Hub type blinds is to first pop out one side. I lay the blind down and get one side ready to pop out the hub. Then flip over your head, one hand on the center of the side you popped out and while using palm of other hand to push out center hub and pop out the top. Then pop out each side is succession.

They are a one man job. Do mark your top center hub with a dot.

With practice you can set this up in less than a minute.

Take down
Pop top in first then walk around pushing in each side. Do make sure all windows are zipped up and your door is zipped close before you start.

JW

Last edited by JW; 09-06-2011 at 04:18 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Had one. Set it up 3 times. Junked it. Third use, I left it out for 2 weeks. Came back to find 2 rods snapped. Rigged a rod repair, then the seams started ripping apart. Bought a Double Bull. A one-armed, buddy of mine (who passed away this summer), Bookout, had one. I watched him set his up. Sold !! Took him 10-15 seconds. Expensive, but so far so good. Have set it up and taken down I guess about 50 times ... no issues.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:04 PM
Fork Horn

Great info on F&S blind. I was thinking about getting one at Dicks tomorrow but not now. Thanks again. Another reason I like this forum.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:08 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mojotex
Had one. Set it up 3 times. Junked it. Third use, I left it out for 2 weeks. Came back to find 2 rods snapped. Rigged a rod repair, then the seams started ripping apart. Bought a Double Bull. A one-armed, buddy of mine (who passed away this summer), Bookout, had one. I watched him set his up. Sold !! Took him 10-15 seconds. Expensive, but so far so good. Have set it up and taken down I guess about 50 times ... no issues.
Yep you are correct - you pay for what you get and my Double Bulls are on their 7 season with no issues!

I commented as I have used F&S blinds and well as all Avery blinds and a few other makers of blinds. Tough to beat a DB

JW
Old 04-02-2012, 01:04 PM
Spike

Default Set up in One Minute???

Yeah, I've been working at it for an hour...and have made no progress at all. I suppose that there is one step -- the eureka moment -- which makes everything fall into place. So far I've not found it.

Don't you wish instructions were written by someone who had to use them with NO previous knowledge or experience!

Is there any additional hint that might help?

Terry in Iowa
Old 04-20-2012, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Nothing Worse

than putting anything mechanical together for the first time.

And second, there is nothing mechanically made that cannot be put together, by somebody.

And if you get it together after a long first try, after the sixth try you start wondering what the original problem was.

And you never ever put something together, the first time, when you actually have to use it that day. Sometimes you have to put it away, and take another day to work on it.

Last edited by Valentine; 04-20-2012 at 10:34 AM.