Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
USEFUL???? iPhone applications for hunters >

USEFUL???? iPhone applications for hunters

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

USEFUL???? iPhone applications for hunters

Old 07-28-2014, 12:57 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Valentine
I never carried a cell phone into the woods. Those things are just designed to start ringing just when the deer show up. Of course, I have to keep up with this stuff. You never know if you have to use those cell phone app carriers to move the deer to the quiet area where you are.

Deer: But momma, you mean we can figure out where the hunters are, by the cell phone apps they use.
Dude - I carry mine all the time! I merely turn the RINGER to SILENT is all! Why?

I am a RN nurse. Have any idea how many hunters I have seen come into the ER that fell from treestands by accident, or have experienced a MI (heart attack) while over-exerting themselves when dragging a deer out w/o help, or - were stung by a bee and are having a allergic reaction. Or there is a emergency AT HOME and a loved one has had an accident, etc? Or someone cut themselves badly while field dressing a deer - and maybe it an artery and are alone, and might need HELP and to call 911? Or a hunter is lost or separated from his hunting party? Or like my cousin who 15 yrs ago was shot and killed while bear hunting during the big game rifle season when he and his buffalo plaid jacket was 'mistaken' for a bear, and he was shot and killed with a rifle in rifle country?

Don't be foolish. We have technology here now - use it wisely if needed.

Yeah I carry one. And always will.
Old 07-28-2014, 01:05 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Deepsouthdeerjunky
.... I'm sure there was a time when people talked about how much better hunting was when you didn't have battery powered flashlights to carry with you too. Yep, using oil lanterns is the only way to go.
Sure! If you wanna stink up the He11 out of the woods and alert deer that you're IN THEIR HOME! LOL. Jesus...
Old 07-31-2014, 03:58 AM
Spike

My favorite iPhone hunting app so far is IHuntJournal.It is a great app having awesome features.Also we can use Google maps to find out hunt locations.Have a great fun while hunting but don't forget to silent your phone .
Old 08-09-2014, 11:07 AM
Spike

You can check out this new app coming this Fall at Tines.co

Lets hunters easily track their hunts while also integrating location and weather, so that you can hunt smarter and see more deer. Pretty cool!
Old 09-22-2014, 09:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

I am working on developing a new hunting app for phones. Its function is that when you kill your elk, you push a button on the screen, and the app records the location of your kill. You can use the app to find your way back to the kill later, for example to pack out the quaters. The app also transmits the kill location up to "the cloud" where I can see it and learn where you killed your elk. I have a server app that then processes statistics on all these crowd-sourced elk kill data to find out where I will hunt next year. This app works very well for me.

I'm just joking, by the way.
Old 09-26-2014, 03:23 AM
Spike

Check out this app. http://web.connectedafield.com/
Its a pretty nice idea. It has social feed from across the nation or you can set it to see only a 50 mi radius. Has classifieds, mapping, solunar, etc. More stuff in the works. Increased mapping stuff coming soon as well.
Old 09-26-2014, 07:02 AM
Spike

LOL at all the technology haters. I don't get service where I'm hunting so the odds of it ringing are pretty slim.

I hope none of you guys use GPS either?

I'll take any advantage I can get.