Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Gaiters for hunting

Old 08-31-2010, 09:18 PM
Spike

Default Gaiters for hunting

I’m looking for a pair of gaiters to wear while hiking and hunting. Mostly just to keep dirt/stones/sticks and such out of my boots. I have a pair for winter, but they are made of nylon material that is too noisy for hunting with. So I was wondering if anybody has experience with a summer weight gaiters that are softer/quieter that might fit the bill. Ankle or knee length doesn’t matter too much, but shorter would be nice. NOT looking for snake gaiters.

I’ve seen the ones made by Kenetrek on the web. They look like they might do the trick, will have to go to a store and check them out. If anybody has these or others and can give some feedback, it would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by mcw3734; 08-31-2010 at 09:21 PM.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have a pair of the goretex cabela's brand gaiters. They are by no means silent but better then some others I have checked out at climb shops. I bought a pair of fleece ones off ebay a few years ago which where awesome for noise but nothing for waterproofing. My main concern is keeping moisture and snow out, so I realized i will have to put up whith some noise.
Old 02-14-2015, 02:14 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by mcw3734
I’m looking for a pair of gaiters to wear while hiking and hunting. Mostly just to keep dirt/stones/sticks and such out of my boots. I have a pair for winter, but they are made of nylon material that is too noisy for hunting with. So I was wondering if anybody has experience with a summer weight gaiters that are softer/quieter that might fit the bill. Ankle or knee length doesn’t matter too much, but shorter would be nice. NOT looking for snake gaiters.

I’ve seen the ones made by Kenetrek on the web. They look like they might do the trick, will have to go to a store and check them out. If anybody has these or others and can give some feedback, it would be appreciated. Thanks!
I have been going out for hiking once in a month. Last month, I bought a pair of the gaiters from Black Crystal Online. I found them quite lightweight & adjustable. I like this brand since it offers gaiters that are lighter and much more comfortable than the others that are available in the market. Most important quality that I like about these gaiters is that they are noiseless. I am sure these gaiters will help you will you are out for hunting too.
Old 02-14-2015, 04:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I picked up some Swiss army surplus gaiters at Fleet Farm. Water repellant gray/green wool. I use them for bowhunting, turkey hunting, just hiking. Been wearing them for about 4 years now. I think I paid about $5 for them.
Old 02-14-2015, 09:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Here is what I use - I like them !

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/produ...AL%3BIK-944843
Old 02-24-2015, 01:05 PM
Spike

I use a pair of Cabelas black gortex gaiters. I don't think they are noisy at all. I mostly use them turkey hunting when I need to walk in high wet grass in the morning. Work great, however, they can be a little warm.
Old 02-24-2015, 04:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by skeeter 7MM
I have a pair of the goretex cabela's brand gaiters. They are by no means silent but better then some others I have checked out at climb shops. I bought a pair of fleece ones off ebay a few years ago which where awesome for noise but nothing for waterproofing. My main concern is keeping moisture and snow out, so I realized i will have to put up with some noise.
I wear the same. I've not noticed them being too loud. I use them to protect my rubber boots from punctures as well.

ATB
Old 02-24-2015, 05:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Add another on who uses the Cabelas gaiters shown in the link Sheridan posted and they are on sale for a great price right now. They are quiet, protect you well and really help me stay warm from the knees down. I wear them all winter when I'm out blowing or shoveling snow besides during the hunting seasons that I originally bought them for.
Old 02-25-2015, 05:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use these short Boyt gaiters with low and ankle high boots to keep out dirt, seeds, rocks, etc. They are tough, inexpensive, and work. They would not be good at all for snow but do the job for debris.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/112...s-canvas-khaki
Old 02-27-2015, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just noticed that this thread is nearly five years old, as was the last activity of the OP.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.