Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Remington offers lifetime warranty?! SURE! Until you want a replacement! >

Remington offers lifetime warranty?! SURE! Until you want a replacement!

Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Remington offers lifetime warranty?! SURE! Until you want a replacement!

Old 01-04-2010, 09:26 AM
Spike

Default Remington offers lifetime warranty?! SURE! Until you want a replacement!

Has anyone bought a Remington product with a LIFETIME WARRANTY and when it wore out tried to return it only to be told - "we don't make that style anymore"?!
Old 01-04-2010, 11:50 AM
Spike

Default Remington sent me a letter.... WHO DOES BUSINESS LIKE THIS???!!!

Remington sent me a letter stating that Fox River Mills manufactured my WARRANTEED product but was no longer doing business with them! This letter was sent after I returned the product (with receipt) to Fox River (as instructed on the packaging) and got a letter from them stating that they no longer make that style!!!! ???? WHO DOES BUSINESS LIKE THIS???!!! If Remington puts their name on a product and offers a LIFETIME WARRANTY they better honor it no matter who the manufacturer is!

Last edited by win.1895; 01-05-2010 at 12:58 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:48 AM
Spike

Question Remington didn't offer a replacement?

Didn't Remington offer you a replacement in a comparable style, color, etc.?
Old 01-05-2010, 12:54 PM
Spike

The Remington packaging said to send warranty returns to fox river mills. Fox river told me that they still manufacture 12 different styles of my product but not the EXACT type I bought with the lifetime warranty!!! I guess if a company changes thread colors in the loom every 6 months they won't have to honor their LIFETIME WARRANTY!
Old 01-07-2010, 01:04 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by win.1895
Remington sent me a letter stating that Fox River Mills manufactured my WARRANTEED product but was no longer doing business with them! This letter was sent after I returned the product (with receipt) to Fox River (as instructed on the packaging) and got a letter from them stating that they no longer make that style!!!! ???? WHO DOES BUSINESS LIKE THIS???!!! If Remington puts their name on a product and offers a LIFETIME WARRANTY they better honor it no matter who the manufacturer is!

Summit does business like that.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:54 AM
Spike

Thumbs down Why did I pay extra for a Remington product with a warranty?

Why did I pay extra for a Remington product with a lifetime warranty? I kept the packaging and Walmart receipt and returned the product as instructed. Remington didn't offer a replacement and said only that they are no longer doing business with that manufacturer! The letter to me says - "This product is manufactured by a licensed company...Our company is now in between licensees"

Last edited by PAphoto; 01-25-2010 at 10:01 AM.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:32 AM
Dominant Buck

That really sucks, and it ought to be illegal. What's the point of buying a warranted product if the warranty is worthless? I'd have a lawyer send them a letter demanding your warrantee rights backed with a threat of a lawsuit, many times companies will attempt to settle with you to avoid litigation.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:28 AM
Spike

Renington backs up nothing. I bought a new 700ML got it home and it would not fire but one out of three times. Took it back to the gun store the next day they said they would not take it back to call Remington. I called them and they told it was the caps. I told them I used three types and all misfired. They told me that I was loading the gun with bad or wet powder. I told them I it was new and sealed and works fine in my side cap gun. They said that there was no reported problems with that gun and it was my problem. I replaced the bolt spring with a aftermarket and the gun worked fine. So I sold it and I will never buy anything that Remington makes.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

The solution is simple.....don't buy Remington products!!!
Old 03-17-2010, 11:36 PM
Spike

My only question is; would fox river supply you with a similar replacement? I've had a number of items replaced with newer models from various vendors. Some of them were upgrades from what I had, a few were real nice upgrades. And sometimes they will tell you thay can upgrade you for a price difference. Take a look at what they may offer.
I've had a couple of upgrades from 500.00 retail to 800.00 retail items , cost me 50.00.
Once I looked at what they were offering, it was a no-brainer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.