Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
spot n stalk boots. what should i get? >

spot n stalk boots. what should i get?

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

spot n stalk boots. what should i get?

Old 06-16-2010, 03:24 PM
Fork Horn

Default spot n stalk boots. what should i get?

I need the best waterproof boots i can get for around $100-$160. I'm looking for boots that would work best in spot n stalking as well. i also live in san diego, so harsh snow conditions are not a factor here. just waterproof. thanks guys.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.cabelas.com/p-0020827.shtml

scent free water proof
Old 06-16-2010, 04:04 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
really? for spot n stalkin mountains in southern cali? these look like rain boots..
Old 06-16-2010, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

When we designed our Scent-Free Rubber Boots, we set out with one goal in mind: to create the most comfortable, scent-free footwear ever offered at a price this low. And once you step into them, you'll agree we've achieved this goal. With a new, high-grade rubber, we increased the durability and longevity of the boot, while at the same time increasing the overall stretch. This added flexibility translates into a more comfortable boot, whether you're walking or standing still. The ankle-fit construction locks your foot in place for superior support on long walks to and from your hunting location. And for the arch support you need to climb ladders or tree steps, a steel shank blocks the stress and shock before it ever reaches your foot. The vulcanized camouflage finish is permanently bonded to the rubber exterior to prevent fading, chipping or peeling over the course of your hunting season. Available in uninsulated models for warm-weather outings or with 400-gram Thinsulate™ Ultra Insulation for chillier days outdoors. The uninsulated models are outfitted with a ground-gripping lug outsole while the 400-gram boot sports a bob-style outsole for slip-free traction.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Not sure how they would work for you, but I wear boots every day and the Danner boots I have now are about the best I have ever used.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

These are what I'm looking at getting;

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/61237...3383-sub2&np=Y

Perfect for the San Diego mountains IMO
Old 06-17-2010, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

i like the high boots, cause we have lots of marsh land area, and ya never know when you will be 10 inches under water...and its easier to sneak up on hogs when your 10 inches deep vs 3 inches...the suction sounds make em run.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:15 PM
Spike

Default boots

muck boots hold up well water proof and last been useing in nc to coon hunt swamp and marsh work well for me and so many to choose from wwranchdog nc.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:11 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by wwranchdog
muck boots hold up well water proof and last been useing in nc to coon hunt swamp and marsh work well for me and so many to choose from wwranchdog nc.
thats the thing gentlemen. there's nowhere marshy or swampy in southern cali to hunt. thats why although i appreciate the help, i dont think these types of boots will help out here.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Widgeonator
thats the thing gentlemen. there's nowhere marshy or swampy in southern cali to hunt. thats why although i appreciate the help, i dont think these types of boots will help out here.

i got some very light snake bite proof, water proof boots, with the laces and the zipper from bass pro shop, they are $130 +/-

the high boot makes walkin like your on a cloud. they were camo..thinkin rockie..but these have lasted treacherous conditions for over 2 years